Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.
What manufactures besides Okidata are making this type of printer?
Just for clarification this is not the old Laser teck.
This has no moving parts like the old Laser teck but scans the entire
line at one time.
Okidata has had LED printers since at least the mid-90's. I remember them from back when I worked at a Computer City and Okidata was a name people were actually familiar with from the dot-matrix days. I was recently surprised when I discovered they're actually still in business.
AFAIK in that time no on else has ever used LEDs in place of a laser. Not sure if it's because Okidata has a patent on the idea that they won't license, or just that no one else cares. My bet is on the latter.
Thanks BlueLineSwinger.
Yep, I can't spell worth beans
I care because I think it's a better tech than Laser.
Less moving parts means less trouble IMHO.