• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

The new elder scrolls for pc

Hupo

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Aug 14, 2005
Messages
1,399
The new elder scrolls coming out for the pc.....will the x800xl be able to run that? I no there are no specs for the game yet. Just curious
 
I would have to say yea it should be fine and if not by the time it comes out the 7800GT should be at a great price
 
will the graphics be like well....
the-elder-scrolls-iv-oblivion-20050.jpg

This?
 
That screenshot is obviously using HDR lighting, I'm pretty sure the X800XL is capable of HDR.
 
YmkFX said:
That screenshot is obviously using HDR lighting, I'm pretty sure the X800XL is capable of HDR.
Not HDR, just plain 'bloom'.

I confess, I'm crossing my fingers, as well. System in sig, but plugged into a Dell 2005fpw, so 1680x1050 resolution (approx. 1600x1200). And I really can't take less than 2xAA, 4xAA preferable.

*Crossing fingers*....
 
Can't SM 2.0 do shader-based HDR rather than the hardware OpenEXR of the nVidia chips? Or is that just glorified bloom?
 
That's way, way, way too much HDR and Bloom. Game devs really don't know how to do those moderation. It doesn't even look good. It looks better with it off than applied so heavily.
 
Obi_Kwiet said:
That's way, way, way too much HDR and Bloom. Game devs really don't know how to do those moderation. It doesn't even look good. It looks better with it off than applied so heavily.

It'll take them a few generations, and then they'll get it down. It usually takes a little while before developers stop putting the new effect everywhere, and by the time they do they've found some new effects, and we complain about THAT one being present everywhere. :p

 
dont forget that the X800s dont have SM30 so its going to take a speed hit from that too
 
Depends on where you are, In Arizona things look like that sometimes!
Yeah ATi Cards will take a speed hit, what people are wondering is how large of a hit?
None the less Morrowind is an amazing game and that game will be in my possesion right when it comes out! :D
 
Obi_Kwiet said:
Have you ever seen something outside even close to being that bright?

yes i have; leaveing a movie at noon on a sunny day god that makes my eyes hurt

try it some time :p
 
Obi_Kwiet said:
Have you ever seen something outside even close to being that bright?

no. the gold plated knights that live in my neighborhood have similar shields, and they aren't that bright in the sunlight.

still, i like the bloom, it makes it look so magical and different than games without it. maybe there will be a variable we can tweak the intensity with.
 
The game isn't completed, a dev pretty much said they're tweaking the bloom and other stuff. Chances are, it won't look the same by the time it's out.
 
Man that game looks like teh sex! I hope it's at LEAST as good as The Elder Scrolls. Drools...can't wait. :(
 
dderidex said:
Not HDR, just plain 'bloom'.

I confess, I'm crossing my fingers, as well. System in sig, but plugged into a Dell 2005fpw, so 1680x1050 resolution (approx. 1600x1200). And I really can't take less than 2xAA, 4xAA preferable.

*Crossing fingers*....

Wel the devs say it's been programmed to take advantage of dual procs from the ground up. How much that will help they haven't said yet. But it should help out your system a bit anyway.
 
Obi_Kwiet said:
Have you ever seen something outside even close to being that bright?

Yes I have - out on a boat, reflected glare everywhere .
 
{NG}Fidel said:
Depends on where you are, In Arizona things look like that sometimes!
Yeah ATi Cards will take a speed hit, what people are wondering is how large of a hit?
None the less Morrowind is an amazing game and that game will be in my possesion right when it comes out! :D

It isn't morrowind, it's the elder scrolls 4.
 
aeonrevolution said:
Is the fighting going to be more streamlined now by any chance....?

from what i understand combat will be much more immersive with things like having to manually block, hard blows knocking you or your enemy backward, consolidation of certain weapon classes, etc. bethesda's worked really hard on listening to their community and giving them what they want.

this is the game btw, that will pull my computer out of the stone-age and onto an upgrade path. I've been stoked over it since last year.
 
Bo_Bice said:
no. the gold plated knights that live in my neighborhood have similar shields, and they aren't that bright in the sunlight.

Man that cracked me up, I was thinking the same thing.
 
i am sure it will run, i jsut looked at more screenshots, i bet it will run pretty well on 1280x1024
 
Back
Top