The New Dell Laptops

lelliott731

[H]ard DCOTM April 2017
Does anyone know the specifications on the memory configs for them? It doesn't specify if they are running Dual Channel DDR2 or just Single Channel. Also, when is the Latitude 810 and Inspiron 9300 supposedly coming out? The Inspiron 6000 doesn't go any higher then 1.6GHz, and I really want the fastest 2.13GHz Pentium-M. Also, do you know of any other reputable manufacturers who are coming out with Sonoma powered laptops?

Also, does anyone know if the 9300 is going to have a 17" screen? And if the 6000 will come out with better video options and faster processors? It kind of confuses me because already the Workstation Laptops and Latitudes are available with 2.13GHz and 2GHz respectively, and the 6000 has been out for 2 weeks.

lelliott731 said:
Also, does anyone know if the 9300 is going to have a 17" screen? And if the 6000 will come out with better video options and faster processors? It kind of confuses me because already the Workstation Laptops and Latitudes are available with 2.13GHz and 2GHz respectively, and the 6000 has been out for 2 weeks.

The 9300 will have a 17" like the 9200 in three resolutions, (1400x900, 1680x1050 and 1920x1200) The 9300 is also supposed to offer a 6800 mobile as an option. As of yet, no info on Dell's site, but I would imagine they are just waiting to get rid of 9200's. As for the 6000, I saw an ad saying the 6000 would be available with a x600 I believe, maybe they just aren't readily available yet.

I really want to know if the machines that Dell just came out with are using Dual Channel DDR2 or just Single Channel. According to www.tomshardware.com there isn't much difference when you are using discrete graphics, but when you are using the Intel GMA900 graphics, it should have a huge difference, and I want to know before I get in line to get one.

You can customize the D810 on the website now. I noticed that it wasn't up earlier.

Yeah, I've customized one already:). I checked out the information they have on the website for each of the new Sonoma systems, it looks like both the 810 & 610 have Dual Channel DDR2 at 533MHz. The 410 doesn't have as much information on it's site, neither does the Inspiron 6000. I hope the Inspiron 6000 comes out with better graphics and faster processors, cause I really don't want to get the 9300 with it's 17" screen, but I want the multimedia features of the Inspiron versus the business features of the Latitudes. Although it looks as if the X600 is a pretty decent graphics card for a laptop.

Does anyone know when the new Inspiron 9300 is going to be released? I would have thought it would have come out by now, also, why haven't they given any better configuration options for the Inspiron 6000 yet either? I mean, the Latitudes are already up to 2.13GHz CPU, ATI X600 graphics, dual channel memory, and the works. Why they haven't upgraded the 6000 yet or released the 9300?

lelliott731 said:
I really want to know if the machines that Dell just came out with are using Dual Channel DDR2 or just Single Channel. According to www.tomshardware.com there isn't much difference when you are using discrete graphics, but when you are using the Intel GMA900 graphics, it should have a huge difference, and I want to know before I get in line to get one.
What toms article are you talking about? I cant seem to find it (yes, I looked for a couple minutes)

And they haven't released yet most likely because they want to clear inventory of the old stuff before bringing out the new.

looks like i am getting a new d610 :) does not ship till march 3rd arg... will post more when i get it

Back