The New Aqua Setup!

R1ckCa1n said:
This is where you have zero clue. I don't know if you have noticed but it is not how well a system cools, it is where it cools. I have used DD crap in the past and found it did not overclock as well as the WW and Cathar blocks of the world. I can tell you my 3500+ overclocked just as well with DD and fat ass 1/2" ID tube as it does with my nice 6mm AC setup. While I might be 2c higher on temps, it has no affect on the overclock. The plus is my shit looks good now. :cool:
currently 10 C below ambient at the CPU. with the added rad i hope to get that a bit closer to 20C below. i don't know how much it helps or hinders my overclock for certain, as my current block is a lousy old maze 4 that i will not bother to run directly on the CPU, but at this point i am looking and moving to phase change for the CPU, if i totally re-do my cooling solution.

the difference in cooling between my pelt rig and an aqua computer setup is a bit bigger than comparing straight water to straight water.

i see it no where on that site :( and where do i go for a good LIan Li Case with window?

lemmy said:
i see it no where on that site :( and where do i go for a good LIan Li Case with window?

I'm sorry it is not on the website, but they have them. Here is a pic of what is being delivered Monday. Sharka Corp recently became the major importer of Aqua Computer products here in the USA. They are building their website just as fast as they can (I hope because I'm getting tired of saying this) and will be up on their website perhaps Monday night. However, if you are in a hurry then you can call them Monday at 714-375-0275 and ask for Richard or Wes. :)

You can get a Lian-Li case from the same place above or you can go here to JCL Company who are the major importers of Lian-Li products here in the USA. They also have a retail site as well.

DFI Daishi said:
currently 10 C below ambient at the CPU. with the added rad i hope to get that a bit closer to 20C below. i don't know how much it helps or hinders my overclock for certain, as my current block is a lousy old maze 4 that i will not bother to run directly on the CPU, but at this point i am looking and moving to phase change for the CPU, if i totally re-do my cooling solution.

the difference in cooling between my pelt rig and an aqua computer setup is a bit bigger than comparing straight water to straight water.
:rolleyes:

R1ckCa1n said:
do you feel that 15 C under load is not cool enough to help my overclock as compared to the temps that an A-C setup would give me? is there something else?

seriously, i went straight from a SP-97 and delta FFB0912EHE to pelt cooling. i don't have a baseline of what this stuff will do on straight water. my motherboard won't go above 200 FSB with reasonable stability, and most of my stuff has gone out of date since i built this rig, but i have always been under the impression that 10C or more difference in cooling power could make at least some difference.

DFI Daishi said:
do you feel that 15 C under load is not cool enough to help my overclock as compared to the temps that an A-C setup would give me? is there something else?

seriously, i went straight from a SP-97 and delta FFB0912EHE to pelt cooling. i don't have a baseline of what this stuff will do on straight water. my motherboard won't go above 200 FSB with reasonable stability, and most of my stuff has gone out of date since i built this rig, but i have always been under the impression that 10C or more difference in cooling power could make at least some difference.
Nope, not at all. I think for someone running pelts (cheap mans phase change) to comment on the performance level of a product that has never been tried is :rolleyes: .

Basically, don't knock it until you try it. I did not gain any additional overclock when running DD stuff over AquaComptuer stuff. I just switched my loop to only include two blocks, like my old DD setup, and actually gained 100mhz increase in my CPU and temps stayed the same. In my book the AC stuff works better.

c'mon dude, three pages and the only pics are of an (incredibly nice) Aston Martin. We need some pics of this killer system man

The final AC stuff arrived today! Kudos to Wes at Sharka, nice packing and above all excellent service and help. I was quite surprised with Cuplex XT, it is built like a Tiger tank and the 6800 coolers are impressive as well. I do have my doubts about the Twinplex NB, not sure that it will fit. I will find out tomorrow as tomorrow is entirely dedicated to assembling the rig. I was going to take a few pics and post them, but....I took one and my battery died. So here is the only one I have for now, but I promise to post many pics tomorow. Both rads are in, the Aquabay, the pump and the Aquaero.

Rad1.bmp

I love that grill.

Back