The Motorola SB6141 Cable back at Woot for 52.99

I bought one of these last time as well - it's working great so far, no issues. Looks like it's brand new, even had the protective plastic film on it.

Good deal, bought one last time around as well and can vouch for the stability

I bought a factory refurbished 6121 and received a 6141. Working great with no issues.

Sad day. The one day I don't check and I miss it again. :(

I've been putting off upgrading since Cox doubled their speeds because I can't bring myself to spend 70 bucks on something as unsexy as a cable modem... with them constantly raising their prices though, I might as well take advantage of it.

How's peoples experience been with these refurbs? Some things I don't have a problem with refurb. I can't imagine why someone would return a modem though unless they were having problems with it.

Sad day. The one day I don't check and I miss it again. :(

I've been putting off upgrading since Cox doubled their speeds because I can't bring myself to spend 70 bucks on something as unsexy as a cable modem... with them constantly raising their prices though, I might as well take advantage of it.

How's peoples experience been with these refurbs? Some things I don't have a problem with refurb. I can't imagine why someone would return a modem though unless they were having problems with it.

Why not get a new 16x4 modem? That way you will be setup for a good while with upgrades. It is the same HW as the new SB6183, but doesn't cost 130 bucks.

I was looking at getting SB6141, as my SB6120 was getting long in the tooth and after YEARS of service was starting to get flaky. But read up on the 16x4 modems and found the SMC was the same HW but much cheaper. Picked it up, called Comcast, took a little extra time to get in added, but after about 15mins all was good, been running solid for the past month so far.

Why not get a new 16x4 modem? That way you will be setup for a good while with upgrades. It is the same HW as the new SB6183, but doesn't cost 130 bucks.

I was looking at getting SB6141, as my SB6120 was getting long in the tooth and after YEARS of service was starting to get flaky. But read up on the 16x4 modems and found the SMC was the same HW but much cheaper. Picked it up, called Comcast, took a little extra time to get in added, but after about 15mins all was good, been running solid for the past month so far.

That is a really good deal. I can't find much of anything about using it with Cox though. Not sure it's worth the savings to have to potentially deal with their grief because it's not a "supported device" if I were to ever have problems.:confused:

That is a really good deal. I can't find much of anything about using it with Cox though. Not sure it's worth the savings to have to potentially deal with their grief because it's not a "supported device" if I were to ever have problems.:confused:

Call support and ask about it. I have Comcast business, so when I did, the person had no idea, and so called one of the "engineers" right away on 3 way and he said it would be fine and that it would be added to the support list in the near future, I think for Comcast at least, it is now on their list, so it might be the same with Cox.

Back