The monster!

b0redom

n00b
Joined
Jul 12, 2005
Messages
11
Here's what I'm thinking of getting:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4400+ (Socket 939) - Retail
DFI LanParty NF4 SLI-DR (Socket 939)
2x Corsair 2GB DDR XMS3200C2PT TwinX (2x1GB)
2x XFX GeForce 7800GTX Extreme Edition 256MB GDDR3
2x Western Digital Raptor 74GB 10,000RPM SATA 8MB Cache - RAID 0
Western Digital Caviar Special Edition 250GB 2500KS SATA-II 16MB Cache
2x Pioneer DVR-109 16 x 16 DVD±RW Dual Layer ReWriter
BeanTech BT-84 Acrylic Case
Antec Phantom 500W Hybrid Fan Silent ATX2.0 PSU
DELL Ultrasharp 2001FP 20.1" Performance LCD Monitor - Midnight Grey

Comments? Everything balanced OK? I don't want to go for a FX-57 as I'll be doing some stuff which will gain from dual core 3ds + C++ maybe a bit of Linux, not just gaming.

I may overclock it later dunno yet....

Cheers...

Tom
 
Looks like one hell of a smooth machine... I'm sure you'll be happy with it!
 
Stick to one 2GB set, 1T :) 2T = teh suck.

Also, why waste money on two DVD +- RW drives?

thirdly, acrylic cases are annoying, they are impossible to make look neat. Show all the dust in your system etc. Better to get a nice normal case that will have lots more features as well.
 
Erasmus354

Can you recommend a nice looking case? I thought since the mobo is UV reactive I would bung one in there. Plus it gives it that Orac from Blakes 7 vibe ;-)

What's the problem with having a bit more memory? Basically I'm ging to buy this through a UK contracting company (I work in IT) so I may as well get everything up front.

As regards the drives 2 drives are much easier when copying CDs and DVDs on the fly, and it's only a couple of bucks more to get a rewriter than a bog standard DVD player.

I'm not flaming you, I just want to make sure I get this right - I doubt my girlfriend will let me buy something like this again ;-)

Cheers...

Tom
 
Back
Top