The Modder's Workshop: Web Broadcasts

CrimsonSky

Gawd
Just wanted to let the proverbial "cat out of the bag" here--

I have a studio here in NYCity that will be producing The Modder's Workshop--(working title) a 30-60 minute how-to series for free web broadcast (and also DVD Sales). The show will cover everything from building custom case mods and gaming rigs to tweaking and overclocking--A really kick ass show that will appeal to the begginer as well as the advanced modder. :D

We will have plenty of guest modders and hardware professonals in special segments throughout the series. The pilot which will be airing in a few weeks will have some very special content including the Doom 3: Project Mars City mod, a tour of a water-jet cutting facility and much more--

Here is a teaser I prepared as part of the prospectus to the studio:

The Modder's Workshop

(and yes that good-looking blonde guy is Mashie :D

Hold on tight!

CrimsonSky is surely going to be an cultural icon. In the same way Jesse James is revered for his skills in building choppers or Shigeru Miyamoto is famed for his revolutionary approch to designing Nintendo games, Crimson Sky will be remembered for his stand in computer hotrodding.

well, thats pretty cool. be cool if you do enough episodes maybe techtv will pick you up.

good luck man,

That is going to be awesome! Great idea if you ask me. I'm not the best computer modder, and all the visual help I can get would be great!

great idea..now you can show us how to copy all of your techniques :D

You are going to end up showing me things that will make me spend more money than i need to :p

CrimsonSky said:
Just wanted to let the proverbial "cat out of the bag" here--

I have a studio here in NYCity that will be producing The Modder's Workshop--(working title) a 30-60 minute how-to series for free web broadcast (and also DVD Sales). The show will cover everything from building custom case mods and gaming rigs to tweaking and overclocking--A really kick ass show that will appeal to the begginer as well as the advanced modder. :D

We will have plenty of guest modders and hardware professonals in special segments throughout the series. The pilot which will be airing in a few weeks will have some very special content including the Doom 3: Project Mars City mod, a tour of a water-jet cutting facility and much more--

Here is a teaser I prepared as part of the prospectus to the studio:

The Modder's Workshop

(and yes that good-looking blonde guy is Mashie :D

Hold on tight!

i love you...seriously.

What an excellent idea... I more than support this and look forward to watching the series. CrimsonSky, contact me if you need any help promoting this.

On a side note, CrimsonSky, I stumbled across your book in Barnes&Nobles, freaking awsome. It's very well written and helpfull. Good job man.

redhalo said:
On a side note, CrimsonSky, I stumbled across your book in Barnes&Nobles, freaking awsome. It's very well written and helpfull. Good job man.

What book was this? I would like to check it out.

catarrhine said:
What book was this? I would like to check it out.
He's got a blurb about it on his web site http://www.thebestcasescenario.com/. It's a pretty thick book with tons of color pics and full write ups on the simple to the complicated. Much name dropping, showcaseing cases that I have completely forgotten about.

Ummm....DROOOOOOOL! :D I am really happy about this...have been looking for this kinda thing for a good long while!

MrSlacker said:
haha u r funny. lol in wat part of bk are you guys? im just wondering
I recently moved to Midwood but have lived in Bayridge\Sunset Park\Bensonhurst\Boro Park\Canarsie\Mill Basin as well as other parts of N.Y.

Forgot a few places.

Zero_Distortion said:
I recently moved to Midwood but have lived in Bayridge\Sunset Park\Bensonhurst\Boro Park as well as other parts of N.Y.
i live near you! kings hwy and E18th.

Hey, this sounds like an awsome thing. Ill be glad when i can stop watching g4techtv for entertainment when im not working on computer stuff. I noticed in the trailer video there is a digital model about 50seconds in. I would really like to know if anyone has any ideas on how i could do this. is there a site with free downloadable models of each part? or what, i would really like to know. thanks.

That wil definitely be awesome, man, what a great idea! This could definitely be helpful and entertaining to a lot of people, and someone had a comment about it being on TechTV one day...that would be so damn sweet....I think they'd definitely pick up on that! Good freakin work!

Back