The Mini-Fridge PC

Chilly

[H]ard|Gawd
That also keeps your pop cold, the basic Idea is I'm gonna build a PC into a mini fridge, I relaize the problem od condonsation and well, that problem is already solved but I will not revile it just yet, on top of that the space left over will be used to cool pop :D so this is what I'm getting/gonna use over the next few days:

My Cheapo Server Computer (AMD Sempron 2600+, 256MB ram, intergrated vid, etc)
A Mini-Fridge
Undisclosed stuff for preventing condonsation
More Stuff for preventing condsation
stairafoam or plastic to hid computer from vison (and to create small shelf for Coka-Cola and Root Beer) :D
AirTight seams for cables (so cold air does not escape)
Pop
BattleField 2
Half-Life 2

so in the end this will a hl2/bf2 branded Mini-Fridge +Pop PC :)

Nitrogen purging the fridge would be the only surefire way to stop condensation (well, short of encasing the inside and outside in neoprene). I'm curious, what is your idea to stop condensation?

Zxcs said:
Nitrogen purging the fridge would be the only surefire way to stop condensation (well, short of encasing the inside and outside in neoprene). I'm curious, what is your idea to stop condensation?

Bah might as well say, Vegtiable Oil, the computers gonna be emersed in vegtable oil inside a case made to fit the inside of the mini-fridge, certin brands of vegtable oil are non-conductive, at the same time I know the vegitable oil will eat petro based plastics slowly, but that takes a couple years first of all :) only real problem would be the hard drive and cdrom drive, but most likeyly I will make them external (build a little box into the side of the fridge that contains hd and cd rom drive)

chilly

ah you mean submersed cooling? Well the viscocity and the smell make vegetable oil a bad choice for submersing in. If I were you I'd use Lumino-8 or Midel 7131 as they have good heat conduction, dont smell, are biodegradeable, low viscosity and little/no effect on the pc parts (pvc, rubber etc.)

you do realize that unless you are using a very low power computer (im talking VIA C3, your sempron is too hot) that you will likely burn out your mini fridge in a month right? The compressor on those is not designed for the regular and constant heat output of a computer.

Erasmus354 said:
you do realize that unless you are using a very low power computer (im talking VIA C3, your sempron is too hot) that you will likely burn out your mini fridge in a month right? The compressor on those is not designed for the regular and constant heat output of a computer.

Theres an easy solution, underclocking it ;) the reason I choice this computer is because its laying around not being used ;) never said it was gonna be an overclocking thing (well I will probbly overclock it just to see how far it can go but otherwise)

Chilly

Back