• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

The mic in my headset doesn't work

Rahburt-33

Gawd
Joined
Mar 17, 2008
Messages
763
I have the following headset: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826106931
(Except I bought it at target for 30$ wtf)

And the other week on msn I could not send my friend voice clips, even though the mic was plugged in and working correctly.

Anyone have a clue as to whats making it not work? I have reinstalled the drivers, and (not for this reason) reinstalled windows, and It still hasn't worked.
 
Is it only in MSN? You can see which input audio source MSN is using in its menu and also see whether it's receiving any input there. It did work before, though?
 
Yeah it worked before
I tried it with the windows sound recorder and it didn't work there either.
 
Thats what I have been thinking, but every other person in my house is using a max osx
Is there a program built in to OSX that allows for voice recording? Because the only available computer would be my sisters, and she wont let me download =/
 
I have only used OS X occasionally so I'm not sure, but OS X does come with a lot of apps by default. May want to take a look, or else ask in the Mac forum here :)
 
Well that and I'm pretty sure my friend wont mind if I try it on his windows laptop.

Just make sure you use protection, sharing peripherals is a good way to spread stuff from one computer to another.









/nonotreally
 
Thats what I have been thinking, but every other person in my house is using a max osx
Is there a program built in to OSX that allows for voice recording? Because the only available computer would be my sisters, and she wont let me download =/
It's a headset with 3.5mm jacks for God's sake! There is absolutely nothing to download.
Just ask your sister, or any other family member that knows, what program is used to record or test audio. I have never used OS X in my life, but I'm sure there is a program for that already included. You don't even have to touch her Mac, just hand her the headset and look.

But yeah, if you have a chance to try it at your friends laptop that would be great. However, if you are desperate, you can always walk to a Library. Most public libraries run Windows, so you can test it there with an OS you understand.

Just be 100% sure the headset is plugged all the way in, and you have the mic ON in the little inline volume controller that is attached in the cable. If the problem persists, then your should return the headset. Try to ask for a refund, because $30 for that headset is a joke. You could get something like THIS, which is from a more respected company, have padded couching, have the same behind the head style, and cost the same.
 
Well my sister is computer illiterate, I know more about her computer than she does.
And it did not work on my friends laptop.

I'll try to return it but I don't have the reicept and I think it is out of warrnty (I can look though).
 
Back
Top