The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD Wii U Confirmed!

Blackstone

2[H]4U
Confirmed for March 2016 release in the latest Nintendo Direct. One or my top 3 Zelda Games:

1. Ocarina 3D
2. A Link to the Past/ A Link Between Worlds (Tie)
3. Twilight Princess
4. The Legend of Zelda
5. Windwaker

Too bad I have played it to death but atleast I can speed run it in HD!

No doubt I'll get this. I never got a chance to play Twilight Princess. By the time it came out I was already riding the 360 bandwagon so couldn't play games at 480p.

I had a look at the video...

This is just the Wii version with a line of code written in to render in 1080p. No new textures, no new models, no new animations, and the whole game has that 'hazy, steamy lens' look of the original.

I love the original, but this is hardly an upgrade.

and I'm not being pessimistic, here.

The 3DS remasters are complete overhauls, with new animations, character models, textures, environment details... and they look beautiful. This is just Twilight Princess running in dolphin its just literally that: The Twilight Princess running in HD.

Last edited:
I'll still get it, as I still enjoy playing this game. Then I won't have to reboot in Wii mode, keep batteries in Wiimotes, etc. etc.

It does not look like an upgrade like Ocarina 3D, but if it is more compatible with large format displays then I am game.

I'll pick up a copy if the price is reasonable (won't pay $60). Missed out on the initial release, as I did with Wind Waker; And Wind Waker HD was a pleasant surprise.

Comparison: (not sure if legit, but looks like all new textures)

https://youtu.be/QaW_0Z_Y95A

Yeah, looks like new textures, same geometry, higher display resolution. That's plenty for me to pick it up, for the reasons I mentioned above. A little extra geometry wouldn't go amiss, but not entirely necessary. Now, if they'd just stick the two 3DS remakes in the Wii U virtual console, I could have them all of them one location.

Same here. Since I've never played it I'll give it a shot at the right price.

Definitely recommend it. This version or the other two. This, Ocarina, and Windwaker are my top three Zelda games.

Back