The LCD Thread - One Of The Best And Updated LCD Threads On The Web

Technikal

Gawd
Guys if you have not seen this thread give it a once over. Grab a beer or snack first. It's long but really informative, up to date and comes with recommendations. If anyone has an account there maybe ask the guy if he would like to copy and paste here :)

http://forums.anandtech.com/messageview.aspx?catid=31&threadid=2049206&enterthread=y

It seems to me different panels are becoming more similar to each other as time goes on and improvements are made to each technology type.

Anyway one of the best threads on the web imo when it comes to LCD Monitors.

They mention having a glossy list of LCDs on this thread but I cant find it.
Anyone send me a link?

That thread has been around for quite some time. It's a very useful resource with lots of well-compile information.

Why does that list show the 2690 being better than the 2490 for the majority of the uses list ?

Lostman said:
Why is that they don't have anything on Eizo?
EIZO monitors are expensive, and most EIZO monitors have S-PVA panels, so it's not worth paying more for S-PVA limitations like gamma shifting and softer text. They even have monitors with TN panels that cost more than other monitors with IPS panels.

The NEC LCD2490WUXi and LCD2690WUXi are much better choices. The H-IPS panel along with the A-TW polarizer gives them very good color and contrast stability.

The only EIZO monitor I might recommend is the S2231W, which has the highest measured static contrast ratio (around 1500:1) out of all the LCD monitors I know about, but even then, contrast only affects how good black looks, not how good colors look.

IPS panels have better color stability, even if their contrast is not as high.

Back