The Last of Us.

It's Naughty Dog. They have honed their technique with Uncharted, so this is going to be another awesome game.

From the "teaser" video with the ant, I'm guessing that the parasite has somehow evolved and took over humans.

Wow looks really good....so did Dead Island.

Except Dead Island was from a relatively unknown developer. These are the guys behind the Uncharted series, they really know their stuff.

In any case, I really like the I Am Legend vibe I got from the trailer.

It's worth owning a PS3 for to play Naughty Dog games. I doubt this will be an exception to that thus far established rule.

It's worth owning a PS3 for to play Naughty Dog games. I doubt this will be an exception to that thus far established rule.

I agree. The Uncharted series are the only games i own for the PS3, otherwise, it's the BD player/Netflix device for the bedroom. LOL

Sweet, another Zombie shooter. I like Zombie shooters and I liked the Uncharted series, odds are I would have loved this one. Too bad it is PS3 only. My launch PS3 finally took a shit last week, and just those few games I played on it are not enough for me to bother getting another PS3.

Looks cool, too bad there are so few games on PS3 to actually inspire me to buy one rather than just uparading my PC again.

Naughty Dog will need to show me that its developers can actually do quality gameplay instead of merely serviceable gameplay merely there to drive the game to each cutscene to get my "$60". I'm also not a fan of having them spammed at me every time I turn a corner.

I wish Naughty Dog would port their games to PC....I'm sure they would look gorgeous with hi res textures rendered natively at 1080P with AA/AF.

I wish Naughty Dog would port their games to PC....I'm sure they would look gorgeous with hi res textures rendered natively at 1080P with AA/AF.

I wish the same thing.

However, Sony owns them, or they are a subsidiary of Sony, whichever you prefer. That means it is pretty unlikely they will ever port over to either the 360 or the PC. In the US and EU markets, the PS3 does not have very many titles that sell console imho. The Uncharted series is prolly some of those few. So, while I dislike them not porting over, and am certain the games would sell quite well, I understand why Sony does not want them ported over.

Very nice...can't wait to see some gameplay...looks like it will be an awesome game

Hopefully, this will be a proper survival RPG. Trailer looks good, but I want to see some gameplay.

This game may be what pushes me over the edge to get a PS3.

Hopefully, this will be a proper survival RPG.

I think it's a survival/action game, not a survival RPG.

The Last of Us is a genre-defining experience that blends survival and action elements to tell a character driven story about a population decimated by a modern plague. Abandoned cities are being reclaimed by nature and the remaining survivors are killing each other for food, weapons and whatever they can get their hands on. Joel, a ruthless survivor, and Ellie, a brave teenage girl who is wise beyond her years, must work together to survive their journey across what remains of the United States.

1920x1080 as it's properly called is some low resolution shit. At that resolution you need maximum levels of AA and AF or your eyes may bleed from the hideous visuals.

1920x1080 as it's properly called is some low resolution shit. At that resolution you need maximum levels of AA and AF or your eyes may bleed from the hideous visuals.

guessing you havent used 640x480 lately lol

How do you deal with playing console games then?

The chick reminds me of Ellen Page

I would not be surprised they did model Ellie based on the actress Ellen Page. It was done similarly in other games such as Kristen Bell and Assassin's Creed. Then again, Kristen Bell did play a role in that game.

This girl though does sound a lot like Ellen Page, too. Maybe Naughty Dog got the actress to provide voicework for the game? The character's name is even similar-- Ellie.

Who knows? Hopefully we'll know in the coming months. She's one of my favorite young actresses especially after watching her in Juno. It's going to be great if that is really her.

How do you deal with playing console games then?

I rarely do. And consoles lack of anti-aliasing isn't the worst part. It's the bad / low resolution textures which really get to me. A console game has to be pretty damned awesome for me to play it all the way through. I tend to play fighting and driving games on consoles. Rarely anything else. Even then I've never put in the kind of time I do on PC games.

I rarely do. And consoles lack of anti-aliasing isn't the worst part. It's the bad / low resolution textures which really get to me. A console game has to be pretty damned awesome for me to play it all the way through. I tend to play fighting and driving games on consoles. Rarely anything else. Even then I've never put in the kind of time I do on PC games.

So I assume during the 80/90's you didn't play any games? I mean they lacked AA and had bad/low textures....

They can get those graphics out of a 5 year old ps3. Imagine what they could do with a DX11 modern pc.

So I assume during the 80/90's you didn't play any games? I mean they lacked AA and had bad/low textures....

It's all relative.

1080p today is quite a small resolution for the PC, it's about 2Mpix in a world where we can build cheap gaming rigs which are pushing 7Mpix (3x1920x1200) and above. A 3x30" array is above 12Mpix, that's about 6x larger than 1080p.

1080p is massive for the consoles, most console games can't run at a native 1080p resolution.

Back