The HydroCool200

also i dont know if anyone has used these but it seems like replacing one cpu heatsink fan with 3 fans in the koolance EXOS would be louder? than again they might be quiet fans?

After reading the hardocp review I was really skeptical. That being said, after reading dozens of more positive (not to mention more recent reviews), I bought a Hydrocool 200 and LOVE IT. Unlike the hardocp review (they got an early pre production model according to Corsair, along with a bad concave waterblock which Corsair corrected months ago) its a fantastic watercooling rig.

There are probably like ~2 negative review on the web (hardocp being 1 of them unfortunately) and like 20 good ones. I have ZERO regrets since buying mine.

With my 3.0c and 1.65V overclocked to up 3.6ghz I get 27c Idle and 35c full load (cpu temp not the water temp readings). Thatsnot bad at all, and thats running folding@home or prime95 for 12+hours at full load too.

Since I personally own one, and love it I feel more than qualified to recommend it.

It is somewhat more expensive than other watercoolers but its DIRT easy to setup (like 15 mins), incredibly portable, looks sweet, and its a great overall cooler. Get it if you can afford it and don't want any hassles setting up watercooling.

I really wish hardocp.com would get around to reviewing the Hydrocool again (with a good waterblock this time). Delphi has made some minor changes to the pump (mine is super quiet since they removed the stupid rubber gromet on it) and with the fixed waterblock now it is a sweet cooler!

Kared

As Kared's testimony proves the Corsair kit only performs almost as well as a decent air cooling setup. (SLK+92mm silent fan)

Wheras I've seen people getting extremely good temps (no more then 4-7C over ambient at load) with the koolance + a good swiftech block.

I still agree with [H], theres almost no reason to get it other then to have a kit made by Corsair just because you want to brag about it.

1. The corsair thing is 4x the size of the Koolance Exos.

2. For the price of the Corsair you could buy the Koolance case that has the exos system permanently modded in.

3. Corsair doesn't perform as well as the EXOS.

But then I've never run watercooling I've just been reading about this for 7+ years on about 10-12 sites daily...

So you're on your own in the end.

I looked at both units in the flesh. I bought the EXOS. Better made product, better support, and wide availability of parts through distribution and direct from manufacturer. My black unit also looks pretty cool sitting on top of my Lian-Li case. The fans are VERY quiet unless it goes into mode 3 (fans wide open), which has never happened to me. I typically get about 10*F over ambient in a warm room and about 82*F in a cool room as measured by the Koolance digital readout. YMMV

Well, reckon I'll put my 2 cents worth in for the EXOS ! :)
Just check my Sig and you'll see that I'm leaning on my CPU fairly hard and the EXOS doesn't seem to have any trouble with it ! :)
It's quieter than most "high perfromance" air cooling units and I'm running it at full speed all the time, drop it down to the miiddle setting and it's pretty quiet ! !

Back