The HeadRoom

Any Canucks here buy anything from the HeadRoom ? How did they deliver,and was it fast ? UPS is notorious for brokerage fee's,and although I do know quite well how to get around those,I am sick of having to jump through hoops to do that.Is the HeadRoom good about about special delivery instructions ? TIA :)

Not sure what issues you may have with shipping to Canada, but I live in Michigan, and as soon as they had the components in stock, they emailed me, and shipping was really decent. I have no complaints / issues / difficulties with my order, and will probably use them in the near future, as well as recommending them to others. :)

I wanted to get feedback, good or bad from a canucks perspective who has orderd from them,also want to know if they can do special instructions on waybills/customs declarations if asked ? ....Like say....

"Shippe will Broker package" ;)

They are overpriced.

Check AudioAsylum and AudioCircle, the forums there have many posts about good headphone setups. As far as being in Canada, sometimes you can do better buying used or new from, say, folks on AudiogoN, because of the extra cost of shipping over the boarder from larger retailers...

They are overpriced.

Check AudioAsylum and AudioCircle, the forums there have many posts about good headphone setups. As far as being in Canada, sometimes you can do better buying used or new from, say, folks on AudiogoN, because of the extra cost of shipping over the boarder from larger retailers...

Thanks allot for the links and ideas! I checked those places out,and found almost no headphones for sale.But,I did find allot of great info on stereo equipment in general.

Sure, HeadRoom might be overpriced, but I buy from them for the same reason that I buy car audio from Crutchfield. It's worth a lot to me to talk to an American over the phone within two minutes of dialing the number and have him tell you about his personal experiences with the product rather than what he's reading off a flowchart on his screen. I even decided that I think I might want to return a product that I had ordered, but wanted to compare it side-by-side with another product they sell. All I had to do was ask and they extended my return period, sent out the thing I wanted to compare to and even gave me a discount.

You pay for the service from these places, but so many people don't understand that.

What is it you want to buy from Headroom? If it's a headphone amp have you considered buying Canadian instead? I don't have a Mapletree amp but from what I have read I bet it's better than anything headroom has and I plan to buy one in the future.

http://hollowstate.netfirms.com/

Sure, HeadRoom might be overpriced, but I buy from them for the same reason that I buy car audio from Crutchfield. It's worth a lot to me to talk to an American over the phone within two minutes of dialing the number and have him tell you about his personal experiences with the product rather than what he's reading off a flowchart on his screen. I even decided that I think I might want to return a product that I had ordered, but wanted to compare it side-by-side with another product they sell. All I had to do was ask and they extended my return period, sent out the thing I wanted to compare to and even gave me a discount.

You pay for the service from these places, but so many people don't understand that.

I would rather pay half and get shitty service than pay headrooms outrages prices! Service does not have to come at the cost they are charging there are plenty of places that offer similar service for nowhere near what they charge.

Either way with their prices they should be hand delivered by the head of the company on a silver platter. And he should rub your feet while you try your new gear out!

I wasnt trying to start a flame war,and based off the ton and a half of research I have done Headroom is pretty good with pricing (relative to the Canadian Market).

Although yesterday,I found out that a music store here in town 'Steve's Music' is an authorized AKG / Beyerdynamic / Ultrasone / Sennheiser / Koss,etc dealer,and has allot of selection OH,and excellent pricing.Lower then what the Headroom would have cost me with shipping included (not to mention taxes when they get across the border).... Not the most knowledgable sales reps,but very friendly and honest.Not pushy at all. :)

AKG 701's for 349.00

AKG 601's for 254.00 Cdn

BeyerDynamic 250-80's for 219.00

AKG 240S for 129.00 ....

Multiples of all of the above in stock,and I tried them all out over a 4 + hour listeing session,without anyone hovering over me,making sure i didnt try and steal anything
or break the cans,like in some stores :rolleyes: I was treated with respect and not
like an idiot,nice change from some of the other Hi Fi shops here in town that seem
to think the terms 'Hi Fi' and 'headphone' stop at Grado and Senn's....

They also had the DT 770's And 860's,and a ton of other Senns,high and mid range,but I did not ask pricing and had already spent the whole afternoon there :eek:

I bought my EMU 0404 USB from Steve's Music online store. Price was good for Canada and couldn't find any other Candian retailers even selling that sound card. I should go see what headphones they sell online too.

Back