The Hall of Unfinished Mods

uzor

Supreme [H]ardness
I was reading another reply in TopNurse's Feeding Frenzy project, and it got me to thinking about all the other promising mods that have come through here but, sadly never got finished.

A couple more from me, then let's see what you guys remember seeing forgotten along the side of the road.

ProjectTwin's Chevy Avalanche mod.
em00guy's Project Blu

...So much potential... :(

Yeah I agree it's really sad when good mods never finish... I'm really glad Mysterae is back to Parallel Hex. His could be great as long as it's finished with the same amount of energy it started with.

Hopefully mine wont be here :D

Yeah it's a great shame some case mods dwindle away. Real Life always gets in the way at some point.

Rest assured, mine will be finished before the worklog gets to 1 year old!

Thinking out loud, it's another shame that those worklogs that were completed are resigned to history and only to be seen those who have 'search' in there vocabulary. I reckon there should be a sticky thread titled '[H]ard Mod Hall of Fame' in the worklog section, only for the mods that were completed. Change the title of this thread to '[H]ard Mod Hall of Shame' ;)

The only problem I foresee is that people delete the images on servers after awhile..

It's a shame when good mods never finish but yea it is definitely a shame when great mods finish and then dwindle away to never be seen. Maybe a sticky in the worklog section of like a 'Table of Contents" to all the completed worklogs. Like links to all of them.

I hope that the reason they're not finished is not because someone was sick or worse. I know God, family, work and then play is how I see my priorities so to me, if any one of the first three keep these wonderful modders from completing something, I truly understand.

I hope that all of creators of these unfinished mods are doing fine otherwise.

I think we are all suffering from modder's blue balls :)

So, with my three links, I covered them all? Noone else was watching anything that never made it to the finish line?

If I had to post all of the cases I never finished, this thread would be a novel :D

I shouldn't have even bothered with that worklog I started.
The case was just to flimsy to do anything with.

I might pick up another cheap case for some modding sometime soon.

Qtip42 said:
If I had to post all of the cases I never finished, this thread would be a novel :D
But how many of them have you lamented never finishing?

uzor said:
But how many of them have you lamented never finishing?

None, they never were up to par with my other work. I always try to best my last case in some way (either in looks or popularity or both). If they don't do anything new, I'm not trying hard enough.

Qtip42 said:
None, they never were up to par with my other work. I always try to best my last case in some way (either in looks or popularity or both). If they don't do anything new, I'm not trying hard enough.
See, and that's the difference in what I was trying to look for. You could pave the roads with all the unfinished ho-hum mods that come through here, but every once in a while something with great promise comes along that gets lost along the way.

Here's another couple from my list:

Bonzanego's Morning Star - Right before he went MIA.
xrdotimcr's SFF/car pc mod. Liked this one because I thought the idea of it was so innovative. Put a mini ITX board in an external 5.25" enclosure using a 5.25" VFD/LCD (Matrix Orbital/CrystalFontz style) as the display.

Ya speaking of bonz, where the heck did he go? Anyone ever figure that out?

Qtip42 said:
Ya speaking of bonz, where the heck did he go? Anyone ever figure that out?
From what I recall hearing here and elsewhere, he lost his day job, had impending bills from his mod shop, and ended up losing his house because of it - all in the span of about a month or two. Someone who knew him posted on another site saying that they had gotten in contact with him and that he was sorry for all the people he failed to deliver goods to, and that he would try to resolve them when his situation became a bit more stable, but that for the meantime, he was going to be offline trying to get his life back in order.

They say that most people are only ever two paychecks away from bankruptcy, and I guess it's true....kinda scary really. :(

Well there was that thread of mine, that sadly died or had to be dismantled. You know the one that resembled a larger size ark, So I induct the Ark of Covenant Pc Mod into the hall of unfinished mods.

That one I worked on, had so much potential, but due to family and me moving to Georgia that dream of finishing it became shattered. But on a good side, I salvaged half of it for work on another mod I plan to work on in our new home. Or till I can wade through the junk in the garage we still have to make room for in the house.

Back