The [H]orde 9800GX2 Club

Kendrak

[H]ard|DCer of the Year 2009
Since this is the single most powerful single card for folding (till January) I wanted to start a thread where everyone can post their 9800GX2 goodness.

I'm going to be doing a rebuild of Origami Master (he will be going into a modified Antec Sonata case)

I'll post pictures tomorrow when I'm done. But for now I want to see everyone else rigs with these beasts :cool:

If we get enough posts maybe we can have our own little club like the title suggests. ;)

(BTW, if anyone does not have a place to host their pics I'd be happy to put them up on my site, just PM me.)

My GX2 is getting 11k PPD as we speak. I oc'd the shaders to 1850 and its been stable ever since I bought the card.

Still in the embryonic stage. Hopefully Santa and his elves will stop slacking and get the darn thing put together. :D

web.jpg

It was on sale! Do I NEED another reason?! :p

nope.. exact same reason i bought an antec 300 case for a file server.. even though i didnt need it.. :p already had a case that held 12 hdd's.. but the 300 looked better.. might as well let the inside of my closet enjoy looking at it.. :p

Still in the embryonic stage. Hopefully Santa and his elves will stop slacking and get the darn thing put together. :D

Stylish... yet functional. ;)

That's gonna make a nice looking monster. Can't wait to see pics of the finished product. If you need it, I hear rumor Kendrak has extra hd screws..

Stylish... yet functional. ;)

That's gonna make a nice looking monster. Can't wait to see pics of the finished product. If you need it, I hear rumor Kendrak has extra hd screws..

What size did ya need?

screws.jpg

why the fancy case?

Its also one of the few cases that comes with 8 slots from the factory. So you can actually install those 4GX2s without busting out the dremel.

It also happens to the be least expensive case that supports 8 slots.

i've got 2 gx2s grinding out points for me, god damn vista, it turned off the machine on me this past weekend. Although my points took a hit, I certainly gained something from it, I learned exactly how much of my daily points come from these beasts. A roaster with 4 of these cards in it could really make a big difference.

Its also one of the few cases that comes with 8 slots from the factory. So you can actually install those 4GX2s without busting out the dremel.

It also happens to the be least expensive case that supports 8 slots.

Sale. Sale. Sale. Sale. Well holy carp! It does! Looks like 10 in all! WOOOOHOOOO! Bonus! Did I mention I like things on sale? ;)

Back