The great search - Nehemiah C3 Socket 370

undef

Weaksauce
Maybe one of you kind souls can help me out here...

I am searching high and low for a socket 370 Via Nehemiah Socket 370 chip w/ the integrated Padlock security featureset. Basically, I need something that has more than one PCI slot (PCI-X would be ideal) with the integrated Padlock features. I know that some socket 370 chips were made, but finding Nehemiah cores not Ezra is next to impossible.

This will be going in my file server, as loop-aes supports the integrated RNG on the Nehemiah cores. Integrated encryption outweighs the generally slow performance of the chip, at least in my case.

Anyone? Know of where to find one, have one you don't use and want to sell, anything?

I was under the impression that no Socket 370 Nehemiah cores were made, that they were all EBGA for OEMs or soldered onto MiniITX boards.

There's ZERO demand for Socket 370 chips anymore...well, not any that the Nemiah can compete in (upgrades only). Only a handful of people in the world (including you) would consider the Nehemiah an upgrade for a Pentium III. Why would Via make any?

If you absolutely need it for crypto, just toss your current motherboard and buy the cheapest MiniITX board you can find.

defaultluser said:
I was under the impression that no Socket 370 Nehemiah cores were made, that they were all EBGA for OEMs or soldered onto MiniITX boards.

There's ZERO demand for Socket 370 chips anymore...well, not any that the Nemiah can compete in (upgrades only). Only a handful of people in the world (including you) would consider the Nehemiah an upgrade for a Pentium III. Why would Via make any?

If you absolutely need it for crypto, just toss your current motherboard and buy the cheapest MiniITX board you can find.

Where can I find a mini-itx board w/ Nehemiah (or later) that supports PCI-X, or two or more PCI cards (PCI RAID cards)?

I don't think you can.

Are you sure you want a Nemiah for what you've got planned? Aside from the RNG, the performance sucks.

Back