• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

The good, bad and ugly

Toconator

[H]ard DCOTM January 2026
Joined
Jul 8, 2005
Messages
880
Good: I'm back from a 2 week trip to the coast and brought more old GPU's with me.
Bad: both i7 boxen and the refurb AM3 boxen crashed a few days after I left so I/we lost a fair chunk of FAH & BOINC ppd
Ugly: the AM3 refurb mobo would not post. It was giving me occasional STOP124 errors b4 I left so I'm not shocked. I returned it for refund.
Silver Lining: somehow I was able to get the other old AM3 mobo I had stable and even flash the BIOS but it's got a bad PCI-E slot and will only cold boot - no restarts. I put a HD7770 I brought back with me in it but MilkyWay would not respond so I put SETI on it as well as WCG on the CPU.
Might have a new employment opportunity and if all goes well there'll be more upgrades to come. Fold/Crunch on!
 
I would normally have said put that 7770 on Moo!, but we look to be on schedule for taking 1st by the end of the competition with our current production. At this point having it on SETI would give us some D as we are slowly losing ground with Catalunya coming up which would be a loss of 2 FB points. Otherwise Einstein would probaly be the next best target since you couldn't get Milkyway. Only about 40 million points from second place an an additional 3 FB points.
 
I would normally have said put that 7770 on Moo!, but we look to be on schedule for taking 1st by the end of the competition with our current production. At this point having it on SETI would give us some D as we are slowly losing ground with Catalunya coming up which would be a loss of 2 FB points. Otherwise Einstein would probaly be the next best target since you couldn't get Milkyway. Only about 40 million points from second place an an additional 3 FB points.

Thx for the feedback G. Have a GTX460 and GTS250 too but unsure if they're worth the power draw or which proj's to steer them at if so. Would hafta do some case swapping as the Am3 mobo's bottom slot is too close to the PSU and the HD7770 is extra thick and covers just over 2 slots, blocking what should be an available slot. Too bad it's the top PCI-E slot which is flaky otherwise I could fit in 3 more videocards. Oh well more D for the team at least. If all goes well I might get a Ryzen and throw a bunch more threads at BOINC. Fingers crossed.
 
Back
Top