The G (A4 layout with water cooling and bifurcated riser, <15L)

Discussion in 'Small Form Factor Systems' started by Apathy_Enthusiast, Nov 20, 2017.

1. TheArkratos

TheArkratos n00bie

The reason I ask is if I wanted to run a single slot capture/usb/raid/ethernet/wireless card and a dual slot graphics card. All of the 20 series cards have dual slot IO at the minimum, not to mention if someone wants bifurcation and is not watercooling. So unless I go with watercooling Vega or an older card the bifurcation is a little pointless if you want to be on current consumer hardware.

2. kageiit

kageiit n00bie

The 3 slot version may be able to achieve that?

3. TheArkratos

TheArkratos n00bie

I thought the three slot version got dropped, if it still exists then I'm happy. My bad!

4. kageiit

kageiit n00bie

Just confirming, this case should fit both SFX/SFX-L PSU formats right?

Right now, debating between the Seasonic Focus SGX-650 (SFX-L) or the EVGA SuperNOVA 650 GM (SFX). Based on fit, might go for SFX to provide more breathing room inside the case for airflow. From the original post, the PSU fan seems to sit way too close to the side panel if it is an SFX-L. If SFX-L clearance is not so bad for breathability in the final version, would prefer to keep the seasonic as it has a quieter 120mm fan and a better 10 year warranty.

Please let me know! :)

Last edited: Oct 13, 2018 at 2:11 AM
  5. Apathy_Enthusiast

Apathy_Enthusiast n00bie

Only SFX/SFX-L.

Prototype I have I had to stick a wire fan guard on my 25mm thick fan to keep the cables out of it.

I might make the case 10mm taller to make the SFX-L support better, and increase space for radiator hose above PSU.

10 year warranty is nuts! 120mm in SFX-L is my preference, I have the 800W SilverStone Titanium PSU and the fan is never on, and when it is it's completely silent.

6. kageiit

kageiit n00bie

10mm more height makes the volume still stay under 15L, I think the modification makes sense. Hopefully that will help with any tight fit issues with bottom mounted radiators as well and sfx-l psu.

7. kageiit

kageiit n00bie

Any idea what the rough price would be for the final 2 slot version with no bifurcation? Optimumtech put out a video review of the cerberus cases with a very tempting discount code :p

8. kageiit

kageiit n00bie

Apathy_Enthusiast What is the cpu cooler/AIO pump height clearance? One of the AIOs im looking at has a rather high pump size of 71 mm.