• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

The Freight Train that is Dr Cleetus.

mwarps

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Oct 6, 2002
Messages
7,072
*runs off the tracks*

*waves as the Dr flies by*


Breakin out the big guns, eh, Doc?

Keep up the good work!
 
The Dr. is currently my only threat, scheduled to pass me on March 2. :eek:
I'm going to have to do something about that and it begins with D. Race ya to 100K!

[edit...]
I just looked at it's now February 27th.:eek:

CleetusCelerator.jpg


Looks like a better target for a race is 120K and I better get busy.

90000.gif
 
Originally posted by Celerator
The Dr. is currently my only threat, scheduled to pass me on March 2. :eek:
I'm going to have to do something about that and it begins with D. Race ya to 100K!

[edit...]
I just looked at it's now February 27th.:eek:

CleetusCelerator.jpg


Looks like a better target for a race is 120K and I better get busy.

90000.gif

Have to love that looks march 2 like oww i got some time la la la .. looks again and it's 4 days soon like ack .. :p
 
He's going to fly by me in less than two days. Can't tell. Four different stats sites all say something different :p

I'd race ya, Celerator, but you've got a 15K lead on me!
 
Well I am building a new XP 2800 which I will overclock to 3200 as we speak. I just ordered a new 8 port KVM so now I can add 8 more boxes. I am going to build a dual processor box just to see what it can do. Yeah I admit I am addicted. My wife thinks I have gone completely insane but since i do this for the greater good of mankind she allows me to sleep in the house. :)
 
Dr. Cleetus, welcome to the over the "Over the Top" club:D

Supporting 20 cpu's at home is good for mankind, no doubt. I too still sleep at home, heh, just not where it's warm;)

No sacrifice is too much when your serious:rolleyes:

Fold on my friend, fold on.

BillR
 
Originally posted by Dr. Cleetus
Well I am building a new XP 2800 which I will overclock to 3200 as we speak. I just ordered a new 8 port KVM so now I can add 8 more boxes. I am going to build a dual processor box just to see what it can do. Yeah I admit I am addicted. My wife thinks I have gone completely insane but since i do this for the greater good of mankind she allows me to sleep in the house. :)

My GOD, it's all your hardware?!?!?

You've lost it :)

I thought I was sick with four dedicated machines.
 
LOL ! YEah it's all my hardware. I will have to clean up in here and take a few pictures. I really like to buy the hardware and then play around and learn the new quirks with new stuff. I used to just give the machines away to friends and family but lately I have been adding them to my little farm. Needless to say my friends are all waiting for me to give the AMD64 away but I really like it. (Even though it freezes almost everyday). Besides I am getting older and the first alzheimer's case folding cures might be my own ! :)
 
In the railroad vein, I'm the wayfreight type; pottering up and down the branch lines, never stopping, not all that powerful, but persistent. If I get on the mainline, it's only to change track.

Now, Dr. Cleetus, on the other hand , makes me feel a bit like Dave. :eek: (56k beware!)

"Dispatch, I'd like a little warning before the Cleetus Express shows up!" :D
 
I'm in mind of a gauntlet.

This one is short, it's after a moving target.

Since Dr. Cleetus will pass me, i'm trying to judge when. I'd like to see if he and his fellow express freighter Celerator can make it to the grade crossing after I've gotten off the mainline.

The target is GwilyaGwees. If I can pass him before Celerator and Dr. Cleetus, I will save my caboose. :D

caboose.jpg
 
Geese...The Dr.'s gaining on me like I'm standing still. Ordered 4 P4's 2.8's and waiting for them to arrive.

90000.gif
 
3 P4's @ 2.8G added today. One more tomorrow. With the Dr. creeping (streaking) up on me, I hope another 8.4Ghz will help.

90000.gif
 
I have to remove one of my systems. My brother-in-law needs a machine. I gave him a cd burner for Christmas and apparently his celeron 400 doesn't multitask very well. So I am giving him one of my XP 2500 on an nforce2 board. But it just so happens that I am building a new dual opteron so I will probably not lose too much production. I really should figure this blade thing out :)
 
My brother-in-law needs a machine. I gave him a cd burner for Christmas and apparently his celeron 400 doesn't multitask very well. So I am giving him one of my XP 2500 on an nforce2 board.
If he's used to a 400, then he won't complain with the 2500, even if folding. I burn CDs without a hitch on my 2600 while folding, with no apparent difficulties.

90000.gif
 
Holy cow, now it's two fast freights bearing down on my ass!

Rearview.jpg


I leave it to the observer on who is what, while I try to borg my butt off...

GwilyaGwees, you picked a fine time to revive. :D
 
Trying on my Orange boots now (for TER stats)... Liking it a whole lot :)

I can't catch Cleetus, but I'll snowplow the rest of yas. :p
 
Well, I got four P4 2.8's folding this week, replacing 3 333's and adding one boxen to the fray.
Net gain, 10.2 G. And, wouldn't you know it, in spite of -advmethods they seem fond of Tinkers!
It would be nice to be able to select servers...

95000.gif
 
~~~~~|\_____________
~~~~~|,_|_|_|_ i_|_|_.|______
~~~~~l__ _[H]Dr.C___/~~~~|
~~~~~\--(O)-----------------(O)-j


Taken from a Guys Sig on these forums thought I would share it for those who haven't seen his postings.

That is Dr. Cleetus ( Changed just a tad to include props to Dr. C )
 
LOL You got me riding the short bus :) You must know me ;) I just bought 2 xp 2800's from newegg so I will be adding to my little farm. I cut my finger off yesterday with a table saw. It kind of hurt a little bit. When I went to the hospital there was a child there who was being treated for cancer. I realized how lucky I am to be able to contribute to this project and what all the data could do for someone. After seeing that little boy I am even more determined to fold.
 
Originally posted by Dr. Cleetus
LOL You got me riding the short bus :) You must know me ;) I just bought 2 xp 2800's from newegg so I will be adding to my little farm. I cut my finger off yesterday with a table saw. It kind of hurt a little bit. When I went to the hospital there was a child there who was being treated for cancer. I realized how lucky I am to be able to contribute to this project and what all the data could do for someone. After seeing that little boy I am even more determined to fold.

You know a dremel or hole saw work better for modding cases. Take it easy with that table saw amigo. Aye carumba. At least with those you "usually" only cut yourself.

Remember, this is "Folding", not "knitting". So we can't do anything for lopped off body parts.

Yet.

Fold On!
10000.gif
10000.gif
10000.gif
 
Ouch your finger well hopfully it wasn't your well you know one handed typing finger :eek: :eek:

Fold on
 
Originally posted by Dr. Cleetus
LOL You got me riding the short bus :) You must know me ;) I just bought 2 xp 2800's from newegg so I will be adding to my little farm. I cut my finger off yesterday with a table saw. It kind of hurt a little bit. When I went to the hospital there was a child there who was being treated for cancer. I realized how lucky I am to be able to contribute to this project and what all the data could do for someone. After seeing that little boy I am even more determined to fold.
Almost "degloved" a finger on a waterslide, can identify with the pain there, Doc. I was fortunate to have a EMT at the party, managed to save the finger from amputation, but it was a near thing all the same. Wedding rings, nails and rapid movement do not mix well... :(

If I can be indelicate, how did you get a digit in harm's way, and did the medicos manage to restore it?
 
Originally posted by Strikemaster
Almost "degloved" a finger on a waterslide, can identify with the pain there, Doc. I was fortunate to have a EMT at the party, managed to save the finger from amputation, but it was a near thing all the same. Wedding rings, nails and rapid movement do not mix well... :(

If I can be indelicate, how did you get a digit in harm's way, and did the medicos manage to restore it?

I never wear a ring when climbing or any activity like that. Seeing all those videos from accidents like yours when I was a helicopter crew chief broke me of the habit.
 
Looks like while I was watching for the Good Dr. to run me over, I got knocked off the track by Celerator.

Signal next time, eh? That's what the air horn's for! :D
 
Belated honk! Sorry for passing on the right.
That's up two positions in two days. My heart can hardly stand it.:eek:
100000.gif
10000.gif
 
WHEW!

Made it on time ahead of the Dr. Cleetus Fast Freight.

I'm off the main, switch realigned, bring it on Doc!

:D
 
The Dr.'s production has taken a serious hit the past few days.:( I hope that this is temporary. I miss seeing the Dr. in my Threats list!
100000.gif
20000.gif
 
Just got an electric bill for 1200 bucks so I am trying to get it sorted out. All will be well soon. In the meantime I have shut down most of my boxes so that when the electric company comes by my electric meter doesnt spin like a hurricane ;)
 
Originally posted by Dr. Cleetus
Just got an electric bill for 1200 bucks so I am trying to get it sorted out. All will be well soon. In the meantime I have shut down most of my boxes so that when the electric company comes by my electric meter doesnt spin like a hurricane ;)

What you need to do is install some solar panels on your roof. Some of them solar shingles outta do ya...they look like regular shingles, but make electricity, too.
 
Back
Top