The Force Unleashed 2

They bastardized The Force with this game. They could of done it much more in line with the amount of Force they used in the movies but no, they had to make it like a magic ability. Stupid games with their stupid gimmicks.

They bastardized The Force with this game. They could of done it much more in line with the amount of Force they used in the movies but no, they had to make it like a magic ability. Stupid games with their stupid gimmicks.

Come on guy...what part of the word Unleashed do you not understand?

Using the "amount of force" they showed in the movies wouldn't really make for an exiting game to play. It would essentially be a 3rd person hack-and-slash where you could occasionally throw an object at an enemy or maybe disarm them with the force. Besides, all they really did is take the next step from what the movies showed (which is likely all they can show in movies with the restrictions of a live action set) IMO.

Using the "amount of force" they showed in the movies wouldn't really make for an exiting game to play. It would essentially be a 3rd person hack-and-slash where you could occasionally throw an object at an enemy or maybe disarm them with the force. Besides, all they really did is take the next step from what the movies showed (which is likely all they can show in movies with the restrictions of a live action set) IMO.

exactly what i was gonna say...

I'd like to see a Force Unleashed 2 if they can make the controls better. It felt very awkward and more often than not I died because I did something when I intended to do something else. It had such great potential but really wasn't all that enjoyable in the end.

You have to admit though the story was actually really awesome. I mean, from what I saw, I honestly believe they could be a another movie out of the story.

The first game, with the controls, yeah it was kind of awkward, but grabbing a Tie-fighters right out of the sky was fun, as was pulling an entire Star Destroyer into a planet. Good times:D. Hopefully they will put in a more interesting combat system in the game, with counter-moves and the like. Maybe even customizable equipment!;)

I'm hoping they bring this to the PC also, but choose someone other than Aspyr to port it. Sold off my 360 a couple of months ago since it wasn't getting any use.

Umm, Jedi Knight was one hell of a fun game that used a more moderate approach to the force like the movies use.

Umm, Jedi Knight was one hell of a fun game that used a more moderate approach to the force like the movies use.

True. However, I'd be willing to bet that they really couldn't do much more than that force-wise with the tech available back when that game was released.

You got some pretty epic force powers in that too, just limited effect on the environment. You could throw people long distances and force lightning entire rooms of people.

Hopefully this won't be a 30gig install, and the FPS won't be capped at 30. Those are the only things holding me back from the first one. :(

Hopefully this won't be a 30gig install, and the FPS won't be capped at 30. Those are the only things holding me back from the first one. :(

You mean on PC? Its about 16-18gb download (I bought it recently and had to download it in off peak times).

wtf are you talking about thats what the first game is.. lol

23.8 install from a disc. :( Not sure why I thought 30...I think steam said 28gigs or something...?

yeah its 28 gigs downloaded.. 23.8 if installed with the disc.. but thats only the unleashed ultimate sith edition due to it being a direct console port and them leaving all the wmp 9 HD audio on the disc which is 18.6 gigs or some shit installed just for the audio..

I'm going to scour the local EBGames for a copy of the first one tonight.

yeah its 28 gigs downloaded.. 23.8 if installed with the disc.. but thats only the unleashed ultimate sith edition due to it being a direct console port and them leaving all the wmp 9 HD audio on the disc which is 18.6 gigs or some shit installed just for the audio..

I downloaded the Ultimate Sith edition and while it takes that much space on the disk, it only takes 16-18gb to download.

Actually another thing that'd be nice is a bigger focus on the combos. When I got into a tough situation my response was to button mash and jump around like a psycho, it would have been more entertaining if it was like Ninja Gaiden where learning some of the combos actually got you somewhere (the first Xbox one, haven't played any of the more recent ones)

Agreed! Combos would be pretty leet. I was personally thinking about custom combos maybe, but I really couldn't think of any real feasable way where they could do that well in this kind of game. But as to those who say the game "bastardtize the force", the designers literally said that the mission statement of this game was to, and I quote,"kick ass with the force." If the first game didn't achieve that, I don't know what will

Not to mention that greater acts of Force use are depicted in the novels. Beyond that the movies always implied that the Force was capable of far more than what we generally saw in the films. It isn't limited to just a handful of cool parlor tricks and lightsaber duels.

Not to mention that greater acts of Force use are depicted in the novels. Beyond that the movies always implied that the Force was capable of far more than what we generally saw in the films. It isn't limited to just a handful of cool parlor tricks and lightsaber duels.

Thank you. I have been waiting for someone to bring the novels into this, which are incredibly awesome.

For some reason that youtube trailer drove my browser (and then my pc) crazy. The mouse started dragging around the screen against my will and when I hit ctrl-alt-delete, the W7 logon screen just said something about 'Security Options'. Had to hit the reset button, not fun.

I hated the first one, total disappointment and just hideous. The game play sucked so terribly it made me feel bad for anyone who's a fan of Star Wars.

I hope they improve the controls and camera. I liked everything about the game except for those things. Though I still liked Jedi Outcast better.

I hope they improve the controls and camera. I liked everything about the game except for those things. Though I still liked Jedi Outcast better.

Yeah, that's pretty much how I feel. When it comes to lightsabres how can you not want to play a hack and slash? I was never a fan of the slow "turn based" lightsaber duels of KOTOR. I've always wanted a game that combines good hack and slash with RPG elements in a Star Wars universe. To me being a Jedi/Sith just screams hack and slash + RPG.

Advent Rising had much more awesome force powers than Force Unleashed. The game wasn't even based on the star wars franchise!

Advent Rising had much more awesome force powers than Force Unleashed. The game wasn't even based on the star wars franchise!

I'm still upset that they won't finish the series. Loved the first one and was looking forward to the sequels.

From what I read, wiki said that the game was pretty sucessfull, stating, "The game has sold over seven million copies, and it is the fastest-selling Star Wars video game." So I don't see how "fail" was explained in this article.

I thought the first one was awesome... till later that night when i had completed it (i hate spending 60 dollars for a few hours of entertainment).

I'll definitely rent the second though. Might pick up the first again off ebay if i can find it for dirt cheap.

Back