The First Windows 7 Commercial...

Joe Average

Ad Blocker - Banned
Well, here we go...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssOq02DTTMU&fmt=18

Looks a bit... childish? But I guess that's the point, to make it corny and more importantly fun I suppose. I got no beef with it, I guess, other than they apparently felt the need to get so many pre-release opinions up there. Not really sure how to describe it... just gotta watch it for yourself I suppose.

Yeah, you could say I like it, sure. ;)

That was kind of an odd commercial, it's almost as if they are celebrating it rather than showing it off. It was alright I guess lol.

"Snappy and reponsix0iasdgfjklve"
:D

This is great. I actually like it. I don't think it's good for a launch video, as I'd prefer something epic, but this video follows the humor and childish sensibilities of the last few commercials.

I guess if you try to cram all the new features down the public's throats they might be scared off or simply say "I don't need that". If you appeal to how great it is for kids then maybe parent will think they need it.

Though the commercials suck as far as an enthusiast is concerned, they're must be a successful subliminal message that makes the marketing campaign successful to the average user.

"hey guys, great commercial idea: cute little girl reading positive Windows 7 reviews on the net!"

premise fail.

That was kind of an odd commercial, it's almost as if they are celebrating it rather than showing it off.
Is there really much to show? Apart from the new taskbar, there's isn't a whole lot that's visually that different from Vista.

All Microsoft needs to do is make people aware that there's a new version of Windows, and they've executed on that here. They could have done that better, but I guess that probably isn't the point.

They need to have celebrities and the main stream news media tell the general populous how good it is. After all, those are the same people who told everyone how bad Vista was. Maybe Conan can do a skit on how Lucky #7 is, because, apparently, that's where people get their tech news from.

the little girl is cute, and the music is perfect, but the commercial is weird. "happy words"? i had a psychotic teenage girlfriend that used "happy" phrases once....

and theyre also doing what i was afraid of- bashing vista only because its the 'cool' thing to do, even if it is lying about their own child. i guess they figure people have the attention span of a fish, because i remember mojove commercials that said nothing about "the os is not great right now". then again, vista's entire life cycle has and always be based on day 1 release RTM version... so if you compare that to win7 rtm, then yea the OS is great again :rolleyes:

Why? We all know the Mac'll win ;)

Yes, the Mac is awesome! All those games, err no starch that. How about the great prices.. err scratch that. I know, Mac's are 100% invulnerable!

Must buy a Mac! Screw that! I saving up for my $10K Windows 7 rig baby!:D

I guess I'm one of the few who liked it. No, it isn't the lame ass Mac vs. PC ad that everyone seems to love but that isn't Microsoft. Windows is nothing like the douche bag in the Mac commercials portrays.

Here, you have a little girl saying positive things about something she's having fun using.

Apple can play all the cutesy piano music they want, it doesn't change the fact that their ads are negative.

*agrees with M3*

I appreciate a postive, light hearted commercial. Because how many consumers watching that ad on tv are going to understand all the technical stuff in Windows 7 anyway? Might as well just show people having fun with it.

*agrees with M3*

I appreciate a postive, light hearted commercial. Because how many consumers watching that ad on tv are going to understand all the technical stuff in Windows 7 anyway? Might as well just show people having fun with it.

QFT, didn't love it, but don't get the hate either. Decent commercial.

It would be nice if Microsoft did some kind of memorable commercial with a comeback theme to it.

But the cute girl commercial is just that, cute. But Microsoft needs a memorable one like "Mac vs PC". Whatever side of the fence you are on, you have seen at least one of these things and remember it. This is what Microsoft needs and I think a comeback theme would help it be memorable.

dude the final countdown sold me on windows 7. how is this not memorable...i LMAO'D when i first watched it and i had to do a repeat watch a couple times to enjoy the video.

I am impartial to the Gates/Seinfeld ad with them living in a house together and Gates reads about software design to the little kid as a bed time story lol

How can you guys not like this one?

The little girl is super cute, especially with the "more happy is coming" and "respons#2%^dg" comments.
Then they nod slightly to the hardcore crowd with the win7 reviews on the pictures of unicorns and lolcatz.
Third, you want epic? It doesn't get any more epic than The Final Countdown my friends.
Finally, the real genius to these commercials is that they imply you are an idiot if you can't use windows 7. This little girl is cruising, and you're afraid of learning a new OS? It does everything except call your home phone and berate you about what a pussy you are.
This wipes the floor with the "laptop hunters" ad, and it's also better than the mac commercials that are now as stale as "Dude, you're getting a dell!"

Back