The Filco WHITE Ninja!

Ripster55

Limp Gawd
So you take one standard Brown Cherry Filco. Pull the keys using the instructions here.
5882480642_c49a653eac_z.jpg

Buy a KBC PBT Laser Engraved Keyset (I got mine from Awry at Geekhack but you can get on Tao Bao and they used to be on Ebay from Qtan5370).

Add first the larger keys using the instructions here.
5882482162_21126d40bc_z.jpg

Hai White Ninja!
5881923051_10b302b88a_z.jpg

5881923429_bd43943d37_z.jpg

You can see the superb non-infilled lasering grooves on these.
5882588683_627534efbc_z.jpg

And that is the ultra rare Cherry Corporation Red Doubleshot Red ESC key.
5882510230_6f1eafb6c1_z.jpg

Topre on top. Signature Plastics bottom left. Cherry Corp bottom right.
5878360152_2e61909c10_z.jpg

Thicker than Adele's thigh's
5877799709_af239e1b91_z.jpg

5882122430_8e06b91367_z.jpg

Last edited:
nice! where can i get some white keys like that.

Last edited:
I prefer my Filco Brown tenkeyless just as it is, but that's very nice work!! :)

looks very cool, I'll give you that much. but it seems like the contrast between the white keys and black background would be rough on the eyes...

Okay, keyboard expert... where can I find one of those cool Clack Factory ESC key skull caps? Elitekeyboards is always sold out.

I hate white keys. They look like crap in no time. I'd love to get some new key caps for my Das Keyboard though. The factory ones suck.

I'm kind of curious how the white keys are holding up. All the white keyboards I have seen look like crap, but they were not mine and were poor quality(white wearing off) or dirty due to not being cleaned enough.

OP, have you used this keyboard for long, or at all? If so, how is it holding up? Does it look dirty after a while?

Unfortunately I don't think the guy that sold me this set is selling them anymore.

TaoBao. Learn Chinese or get a broker. Look for KBC White Engraved Lasered PBT 104 Keyset.

I'm kind of curious how the white keys are holding up. All the white keyboards I have seen look like crap, but they were not mine and were poor quality(white wearing off) or dirty due to not being cleaned enough.

OP, have you used this keyboard for long, or at all? If so, how is it holding up? Does it look dirty after a while?

I just got it. I'll update with wear pics later but am busy trying to wear out the Black KBC keyset.

More details on how it holds up will be updated in my PBT Versus ABS Keys - FIGHT! Comparing KBC PBT and Filco Keys
review.

5898501175_ddc7d03dcd_z.jpg

Last edited:
Any websites you can point to that sell custom colored keys for Cherry switches? I saw yellow or orange WASD keys in some person's photo ages ago and they looked great.

Yellow WASD are available at Armygroup.tw.

They look pretty Awesome!
5901433523_fe41acf8c7_z.jpg

no PhotoShop - that's a Doubleshot Awesome key.

awesome esc key.

it would be even cooler if they had ESDF key caps instead of the WASD.

Absolutely beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

Never had a white keyboard. Do these exact keys take dirt? I keep my hand ridiculously clean, but I am thinking that certain types of plastic gets stained by the oils and acid on our skin.

I dunno - looks pants to me, and will age really badly. But I guess that's not really the point. That does have a potential for looking slightly more rad with the red body...?

Last edited:
Back