The Enermax Coolergiant series vs ?

PlaidJello

n00b
Joined
Jun 27, 2004
Messages
56
Does anyone know of any outstanding issues with this series out power supplies? In particular, I was looking at the EG485AX-VHB SFMA 2.0 at newegg.

The modular Neopower was what I had my heart set on, but with recent issues here and elsewhere I'm very hesitant to make that purchase.

The OCZ powerstream series looks interesting, but the product strikes me as too young and unproven - most likely unfounded since someone else who makes PSUs made those units. Any thoughts?
 
PlaidJello said:
made those units. Any thoughts?

Topower
Tagans same difference also Topower

Ive always liked the Enermaxs, the Coolergiant is quite new however
the Neopower wasnt alone with issues, the Powerstreams had issues with a few boards as well
in that case the mobo wasntconforming to BTX signal specs and simply adding a few drives so the PSU saw more load fixed the issue, a similar issue might be at the root of the Neopower problems, or too many components on a single +12V dual rail
something that would be applicable to any compliant ATX12V v2.01
(Neopower, Coolergiant, but not the OCZ which is a single rail and is compatible not compliant)

Id say the Coolergiant is a nice choice
 
Is Topower reputable? My last few builds used Enermax so I trust them, but like I said, I really wanted the Neo. What bothered me about the Neo was the PSU roundup that showed the 12v line at something like 11.6. I remember reading here as well about someone who had their 12v rail around there, so I'm thinking that's common across that model. While technically within spec, it still strikes me as low.

The Noisetaker line has been out a while correct? I may look into that as well.
 
Back
Top