The Eizo FS2333 is brilliant. And vs my Asus VH236H...

Well, since it's my monitor and I've exchanged numerous IPS panels in the past, I can assure you it's glow, not bleed. :) That's why I took two pictures so you can see how it disappears depending on the viewing angle of the LCD.
Anyone can have bleed. Just because you don't and I don't doesn't mean they don't. Every mass market screen is subject to lemons and bad manufacturing and quality issues that slip through. I do agree though that people mistake what is glow and what is bleed and what is anything really;)
I have 1634 hours on mine and still love it too. After I game I open Photoshop and love it even more.
Are you profiling your display with i1 or Spyder?

Anyone can have bleed. Just because you don't and I don't doesn't mean they don't. Every mass market screen is subject to lemons and bad manufacturing and quality issues that slip through. I do agree though that people mistake what is glow and what is bleed and what is anything really;)
I have 1634 hours on mine and still love it too. After I game I open Photoshop and love it even more.
Are you profiling your display with i1 or Spyder?

I use an i1 Display Pro.

Absolutely any display can have bleed. Absolutely. I'm just impressed that mine has none. I will say that each side of my Eizo has different viewing angle characteristics, that's for sure. I get more glow on the left than the right, and a "patch" in the top middle/left area but it's still glow, not bleed, since it disappears depending on viewing angle.

Still, as far as the current IPS tech goes, I'm very, very impressed by Eizo's implementation. The next step is for IPS to be overhauled to have excellent black levels and no glow. That would be ideal.

Last edited:
The fs2333 in a well lit diffused room can have very good perceptible black levels. Not using a measuring tool of course as we know it is ~900:1 but the AG coating and reaction with the light gets pretty darn velvety for an IPS/ PLS to my eyes.

The fs2333 in a well lit diffused room can have very good perceptible black levels. Not using a measuring tool of course as we know it is ~900:1 but the AG coating and reaction with the light gets pretty darn velvety for an IPS/ PLS to my eyes.

YES. This is absolutely true. With some nice ambient light the black levels are EXCELLENT. Really good contrast there. Noticed that big-time yesterday while playing The Last of Us again. :D

I'll let someone else chime in here, since I find the contrast excellent on the FS2333.

It does sound low when many new IPS panels hit 1200:1.

I don't know of any mass market IPS panels that do that statically after calibration. The fs233 is listed at 1000:1 as most are but unlike others it actually delivers 940-960:1 after calibration while others are at 750-850:1. Only 2 that I know of can hit even 1050:1 after profiling. You can always post a few links to those panels though.

Hey, my Eizo just arrived in the mail, and I was wondering what settings you were using it on? I am using it for xbox and ps3 right now. And I have found that "game" setting looks weird, and "cinema" is blurred. So I have been sticking to "user 1" any recommendations on which settings I should use?
p.s. I know nothing about displays.

Hey, my Eizo just arrived in the mail, and I was wondering what settings you were using it on? I am using it for xbox and ps3 right now. And I have found that "game" setting looks weird, and "cinema" is blurred. So I have been sticking to "user 1" any recommendations on which settings I should use?
p.s. I know nothing about displays.

Yeah Cinema is just weird! Game cranks up everything and looks awful, too. I also use User 1, brightness at around 40-50. All weird settings off, and overdrive set to standard. Looks great then.

Yeah Cinema is just weird! Game cranks up everything and looks awful, too. I also use User 1, brightness at around 40-50. All weird settings off, and overdrive set to standard. Looks great then.

Awesome!! thanks so much.

Overall the Eizo is a great display, but isnt any better when it comes to panel lottery, i got mine last week and i had a bad pixel right in the middle of the screen and bad uniformity and bleed all around it. The 2 unit got 5 bad pixels, and also bleed on the left and bottom. So their lower price range monitors may be as good as the higher class Eizo displays when it comes to build quality, but the panels on many units got bleed, bad pixels and colour tints, so you really are lucky to have a almost perfect unit

Overall the Eizo is a great display, but isnt any better when it comes to panel lottery, i got mine last week and i had a bad pixel right in the middle of the screen and bad uniformity and bleed all around it. The 2 unit got 5 bad pixels, and also bleed on the left and bottom. So their lower price range monitors may be as good as the higher class Eizo displays when it comes to build quality, but the panels on many units got bleed, bad pixels and colour tints, so you really are lucky to have a almost perfect unit

The panel lottery is impossible to avoid unless you start getting closer to spending $1,000+

I would never expect anything in this price range to come flawless for each unit off the line.

The panel lottery is impossible to avoid unless you start getting closer to spending $1,000+

I would never expect anything in this price range to come flawless for each unit off the line.

i know, thats right, but Eizo sells every display with their high quality control slogans .. they dont tell you that doesn´t count for their lower price monitors, thats what everyone should assume, but they are not telling you that .. and that makes me angry

Yeah it sucks to get a bad display, and I certainly believe it happens. I did get lucky with mine, perhaps, but all I have to go on is my experience since there's so few people out there (it seems) with an FS2333. I love mine A LOT.

Just picked up my Eizo today, I actually forgot that I had a 24" as my secondary and not a 23", heh.. But yeah, doesn't matter, because this display kicks ass.

Anyone been fiddling around with the settings? I'm using User 1 with 50 brightness atm.

Just picked up my Eizo today, I actually forgot that I had a 24" as my secondary and not a 23", heh.. But yeah, doesn't matter, because this display kicks ass.

Anyone been fiddling around with the settings? I'm using User 1 with 50 brightness atm.

That's pretty much what you should be at. Be sure to turn off all the useless stuff that "enhances the gamer experience." Best left off if you ask me.

OP - congrats. I'll probably get one of these or something similar when my FW-900 eventually dies.

Still no complaints with mine. :) Just an excellent display, if you're willing to spend a little extra.

yep, the Foris 2333-bk is the best IPS gaming monitor right now!

Or you can buy the Overlord IPS monitor for just $70 more and get a bigger screen, higher resolution, and 120hz refresh rate.

Or you can buy the Overlord IPS monitor for just $70 more and get a bigger screen, higher resolution, and 120hz refresh rate.

I'll let someone else reply. I don't even know where to start! lol.

What about input lag though? Also the bigger screen, higher resolution, and the higher refresh rate would make it more demanding on his video card. Just food for thought.

Is there a version without speakers?

I don't know what they were thinking putting speakers on these. It adds no value and simply cheapens the appearance.

What about input lag though? Also the bigger screen, higher resolution, and the higher refresh rate would make it more demanding on his video card. Just food for thought.

from what I've heard it has zero input lag due to no scalar.

Well, the last time I checked, no game consoles run 1440p, so the monitor is useless to me...

Well, the last time I checked, no game consoles run 1440p, so the monitor is useless to me...

most if not all console games run 30fps so I agree on that one.

but who buys PC monitors for consoles? 1%?

I do. 23" is to small for me, I love 2560x1440 for work & I'm usually multi-tasking so I use a dual monitor set-up. I have a 46" TV but stopped using it once I got a dual monitor set-up.

Absolutely everyone has his preference. My gaming PC is my decked out iMac with a 1440p display. But for consoles I need 1080p. Scaling 1080p to 1440p is so ugly...

OP. seriously considering this monitor vs the EV2336. Any advice on helping me choose would be much appreciated.

how is the PWN screen flickering on low brightness ?
and ghosting/trailing in games ?

I use primary for browsing but also gaming - not hardcore twitch gaming, but maxing out newer titles and playing multiplayer. The biggest criteria atm is PWN flickering / stand. I have a thread here btw.

Scaling 1080p to 1440p is so ugly.

There is no scaling to 1440p, the maximum console res is 1080p. A 1440p monitor will not scale 1080 to 1440.

Most console games run @1280x720 or less & the PS3 forces 1280x720. 1280x720 is 1/2 2560x1440, when using 720p the 1440p monitor will not scale the image, instead the monitor performs pixel doubling.

Most of the 1440p monitors I've used look better when using 720p vs. a 1080p monitor which has to scale 720p content.

OP. seriously considering this monitor vs the EV2336. Any advice on helping me choose would be much appreciated.

how is the PWN screen flickering on low brightness ?
and ghosting/trailing in games ?

I use primary for browsing but also gaming - not hardcore twitch gaming, but maxing out newer titles and playing multiplayer. The biggest criteria atm is PWN flickering / stand. I have a thread here btw.

PWM flicker was a concern of mine too. I'm happy to report I see nothing of the sort. I'm also very sensitive to these sorts of things too. I don't have experience with the EV2336 so I can't help you there.

There is no scaling to 1440p, the maximum console res is 1080p. A 1440p monitor will not scale 1080 to 1440.

Most console games run @1280x720 or less & the PS3 forces 1280x720. 1280x720 is 1/2 2560x1440, when using 720p the 1440p monitor will not scale the image, instead the monitor performs pixel doubling.

Most of the 1440p monitors I've used look better when using 720p vs. a 1080p monitor which has to scale 720p content.

My experience is that 720p games on 1440p monitors do not look great, at least on my iMac they don't. The next gen of consoles will be full 1080p, so I wanted a full 1080p monitor.

WGrose, how is it for low brightness ?

how bright would u describe it is at ~20% and ur thoughts on flicker/eye strain at that amount.

WGrose, how is it for low brightness ?

how bright would u describe it is at ~20% and ur thoughts on flicker/eye strain at that amount.

No issues whatsoever. You'll probably use it around the 50% brightness. Because it's a matte finish display, you don't change brightness as often as with a glossy display. I have rarely changed the brightness on the Eizo. There's no flicker issue noticeable to me, and I've not read of anyone having that issue with this monitor.

Last edited:
Months later, still the best display I've ever used. You guys = missing out. Period. :)

Months later, still the best display I've ever used. You guys = missing out. Period. :)

I'm not dissing your taste in monitors as I am still thinking about buying this monitor but how do you put up with it being 60hz? I find going back to 60hz a bit of a slide show now in games like BF3.after 120hz.

I have heard that 60hz on a 60hz monitor is better than 60hz on a 120hz monitor though but I'm not sure if that is true or rumor.

Back