The Division: 60FPS PC Gameplay Trailer

Some of the environment looks great...some of it terrible. Its like half of the scene/objects have hi rez textures and half does not. Just commenting on the visuals becasue that is what the video is for.

I would like to know what they used to get 60 FPS with everything cranked.

Played the beta with a Titan X at 1440 and everything max... got around 40-50 FPS.

Played the beta with a Titan X at 1440 and everything max... got around 40-50 FPS.

I ran it maxed out on my rig and was pretty consistently 60+. I don't use AA though.

AA usually is the thing that kicks your FPS in the tits. Not sure why I keep forgetting that. Usually the other effects or resolution make AA kind of moot at least IMHO.

Will have to do that when the final comes out in 2 weeks.

hopefully my 6600k and xfire 290's get a proper workout at 1440p with this game.

Both the betas were pretty slick, and I got 20% off my amazon preorder, I need a new game to go balls deep in, I've played enough BF4 lol

at 1440 you can lower your AA some since the jaggies arent as bad. Thats how i save myself some fps in games.

Can anyone tell me if this game is capped at 60fps? I didn't get a chance play the beta to find this out myself.

Can anyone tell me if this game is capped at 60fps? I didn't get a chance play the beta to find this out myself.
I would say no because there was an option in the settings to lock the fps at whatever you wanted if you wanted to.

I would say no because there was an option in the settings to lock the fps at whatever you wanted if you wanted to.
The max that setting went to for me was 60fps even though my refresh rate is 90hz and i had vysync off, so it might be locked at 60fps and knowing ubisoft it probably is locked.

AA usually is the thing that kicks your FPS in the tits. Not sure why I keep forgetting that. Usually the other effects or resolution make AA kind of moot at least IMHO.

Will have to do that when the final comes out in 2 weeks.
Also, turn off vSync as well. That's what it said in the menus to get an FPS boost.

My over clocked (slightly) 290 handled 1440p with high (ultra on some things, longer viewing distance, etc.) and pushed around 40-55 depending the area. I usually turn down the AA as well. Sometimes turn up the texture quality scaling. What sucked about the Beta is that you had to leave the game for settings to apply.

View distance isn't really a necessity in this game though, since killing anything at long range is pretty difficult. So if you're a visual person, you may turn that down a tad and crank up other items.

Looks great. A few small things, but of course it's nitpicking. Like someone mentioned above - some seem like hi-res textures and others aren't.

The max that setting went to for me was 60fps even though my refresh rate is 90hz and i had vysync off, so it might be locked at 60fps and knowing ubisoft it probably is locked.
I guess I never looked that close. I only have a 60Hz monitor so I offten lock my fps to 60 to reduce stress on my GPU.

Overall, pretty nice. One somewhat jarring observation, only once was there a light source coming from behind.

I'm just saying, if you are going to put shadows in a game, and lights all over the place, I want to see shadows from my character, not just on it.

I had the option of 60, 120 and nothing. Asus ROG G751JT Gsync 75Hz. Vsync On, Gsync On.

I get 70 - 80 FPS @ 1440p with everything maxed on the gaming rig in my sig.

I found it funny that on Steam it uses the keyboard heavly. Being a BPM + Xbox 360 controller gamer it worked perfectly fine. The environments are nice, but dull as that there is much going on. I never saw any other players too, except at the main hub. Maybe cause I just hustled off to the Beta boundries (free XP if you cross into the red zone momentarily, haha). I rock 60fps easy, but my screen is limited to 1360x768, and a GTX970 eats it up.

I played in the beta. The game does look very nice. Lowering graphical settings did almost nothing for my framerate though, so I think it's heavily CPU limited.

I run a i5 2500k at 4.1Ghz and a GTX 970.

I don't ever recall seeing another person in the main world, though I did see plenty in the dark zones. You only seem to fight 5 enemies at a time, never more.

Too bad they decided to store all the character information locally on the PC version. Hopefully that was just for the beta or hacking will be rampant.

I'lll be happy if the SweetFX mod is allowed right out of the gate

Saw someone's HD youtube video showing off the Divsion after they applied some SweetFX to it, and it looked even sexier.

Hope there's no framecap -- I have my monitors OC'd to 96Hz and wish to take advantage of it :)

Did anyone else think the beta was a snoozefest? Basically a borderlands without any humor and with boring "loot." Glad I played it and saved some $

It's hard to tell from a Youtube video. I did notice some scenes had AA and others didn't. Textures looked like garbage but they always do on Youtube.

Regardless, not the type of game I'd get into.

Back