The Division 2 - keeps crashing

McClintoc

Fully [H]
Does anyone else around here play The Division 2? I am a little over 100 hours into it and it is constantly crashing; more so lately than when I first started playing. It crashes about every 20 minutes and it's starting to become unplayable. I have update my video drivers but even before and after updating my drivers, none of my other games crashed. I play GTA Online, Red Dead Redemption 2, CoD 2019, Rainbow 6 Siege; nothing else crashes but The Division 2. Anyone else having this issue?

Not having the issue, but have you tried switching between DX11 and DX12 to see of that does anything?

Are you overclocking your card? If so, try to turn that down a bit. That happened to me on multiple of games, including the Division 2.

Disabled Dx 12, turned off the Uplay overlay in game, verified the files through Uplay. Still crashing. This game is now a certified piece of shit.

Last edited:
I continued to research and I think I found a fix. I went into the game files and set both Ubisoft's Uplay .exe to run as admin and I put all the Division 2 .exes to run as admin. I played a couple hours last night after doing that and just got done playing about three more hours tonight and didn't have a single crash.

I just wanted to drop a post here - game was running fine for me before with no crashes but since the latest expansion update / patches, I hung on a cut scene after getting to NYC and then crashed once every few hours after getting into the rest of the game.

These are soft locks (locks up only Div 2) every other windows app still keeps running without issue. Have to Task Manager close Div2 then restart to get back up and in again.

My Nvidia and all drivers are up to date too but I'll have to look into the whole admin thing and see if it helps.

Did that fix your crashing issues? No more issues even with the new expansion / patches?

I haven't crashed in a while. It still happens but it fairly rare now. It doesn't crash anywhere near as much as it used to. I just played about 3 hours tonight after the latest update without issue.

Back