The dimm voltage is in +mV format.

ToxicAdam

Limp Gawd
I tried my best to figure it out. I have it set to +100mV for 1.9v. Is this correct? If not please tell whats the right +mV setting for 1.9v.

3b26.jpg

ECS decided to list the voltage ranges in millivolts (mV). but makes no mention of what the starting reference voltage is.

Depends on the memory type.
DDR2 normally defaults to 1.8V, this may vary with different PC BIOS'.
Use your motherboards monitoring util to see approx what voltage is being used or check the voltage monitor in the BIOS.

The image above I got online to give you a general idea how my bios looks

Its +80mV at the default(1.6v) on my board. A790GXM-AD3

I have 8GB of this ram: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227297

The bios defaults to 533 dram frequency, which is 1066. When ever I change it to 677 for 1333 or 800 for 1600 the bios drops the frequency to 400 after I reboot. We're talking DDR3 800.

I'm hoping ram voltage is the cause of the hangs I get during restarting sometimes. What is the correct +mV setting for 1.9v?

Last edited:
i wonder what mV is to ECS then?

its always been milliVolts to me but of course the math does not compute

it must be referring to tenths of a volt, as in 10mV would be 0.01 volts?

**Ok, my EVGA board has a similiar setting for CPU vcore, it has steps in 50mV increments, i raised it to +50mV and according to CPU-Z i was still running 1.350v, completely unchanged or unnoticeable anyways...

Last edited:
That can't be it... my dimm voltage don't even go that high.

It goes up to +630mV

BIOSfreqv3.jpg

Thats additional to the base memory voltage.
Set it to 0 and check the voltage supplied to your memory.

I believe I have it.

The highest I set it before was +200mV, which didn't change anything I could see in the bios... I took a risk and tried +300mV. That's when I notice in bios the PC health option vdimm changed to 1.74v on reboot. So I raised it until reaching 1.9v, +430mV

I would have never thought to go that high! The PC Health thingy better not be wrong. ...wait a sec...whats that burning lol

0.1V = tenth of a volt
0.01V = one hundredth of a volt
0.001V = one thousandth of a volt ie. 1 mV

I believe I have it.

The highest I set it before was +200mV, which didn't change anything I could see in the bios... I took a risk and tried +300mV. That's when I notice in bios the PC health option vdimm changed to 1.74v on reboot. So I raised it until reaching 1.9v, +430mV

I would have never thought to go that high! The PC Health thingy better not be wrong. ...wait a sec...whats that burning lol

Only go as high as you need to remain stable as the readings can be flawed and are only a guide.
Monitor how hot the memory is with your finger, if it is too hot to touch, you are killing it.

I'm hoping ram voltage is the cause of the hangs I get during restarting sometimes.
No, its still not working..

If I shutdown with any changes made in the CMOS, the system won't boot back up. My fans and LEDs are on, so it isn't a problem with power.
This same problem happens even if the ONLY change made is to LOWER the CPU frequency. Only way to fix it is to push the CMOS reset button.

I'm not sure if it's the AMD software or the ECS motherboard causing the issues.

I've re-flashed the BIOS, but it hasn't helped.

Back