The Devil Of Gpu`s

Angelod

n00b
Hey guys I posted on here a year ago wanting to make a costume PC built for gaming and streaming. Well its been 11 months and I'm just now about to build my pc!

I`m making an AMD build, I just cant afford the green team! I waited for vega only to be crushed by price gouging and miners, I was going to get a vega 64, but I had to lower my standards and get a lower GPU.

I`m planning on building my pc in 2 weeks, I`m planning on getting the rx 580 red devil golden version. Is this a good card for 1440 gaming? I have a freesync monitor that's 1440p and 144hz. Will the card allow me to use the 144hz?

Heres my build specs!

Ryzen 1600 with AMD cooler

AMD am4 racer mini itx mobo

4TB hard drive

240GB Samsung ssd

RX 580 Red Devil Gold version

750 Bronze power thingy. :p

Bitfenix Prodigy Case

what do you think of this?

For high refresh rate, the RX 580 would probably be better on 1080p. It can hit 1440p, but you won't be getting 144 fps unless on lower settings (or on older games).

If you are OK playing at around 60 fps, it could work. I guess with FreeSync, that makes it less of an issue.

Personally, I would hold out to see when the Vega 56 comes back in stock, it should be better investment.

That said, AMD cards have great resale value right now, so if you did buy a 580, you could likely sell it in a month or two and get all your money back.

I previously had 2x RX 480 cards in this machine, bought for $220 a piece. Used them for 6 months and then sold for around $600 for the lot. So that's one option.

all I wanna do is play at 1440p at max potential. can r9 fury x sli fit in the bitfenix prodify case?

all I wanna do is play at 1440p at max potential. can r9 fury x sli fit in the bitfenix prodify case?

Now you are talking SLI or Crossfire?

Small cases don't typically do well with SLI or Crossfire...(heat buildup).

But yes that case is particularly best suited for watercooled GPUs if you want to SLI or Crossfire. The GPU heat would all exhausted from the radiator directly out the top of the case, which of course eliminates the issue. Your Bitfenix case has two 120mm fan spots at the top. It should hold the 120mm rads of the Fury X just fine.

I wouldn't put two air cooled cards in a small case like that. You are just begging for thermal issues with two air cooled cards IMO.

BTW. I had a pair of Fury X cards until a couple months back, and the inside of the case ran super cool for the heat all exhausted outside the case. This was in a case that previously was a complete thermal fail with a pair of aircooled GTX 560ti cards in SLI. (Thermal issues galore). I loved my experience with the Fury X cards in Crossfire. I upgraded to a pair of 1080ti, and lost freesync --making the gaming experience actually worse. So then I purchased a single water cooled Vega 64--- which on games that support Crossfire is still worse than the pair of Fury X--- but I have freesync back again and it's definitely a better gaming experience overall with 75hz freesync vs the pair of 1080ti with 60hz vsync.

Last edited:
Maybe you could make something like this?

epe-professional-laptop-computer-mascot-costumes.jpg

I don't know the difference between crossfire or sli. My budget for a GPU is.... 600. Ive bought everything else.

Ok crossfire. I have a 230mm fan. Two 140mm fans. And another fan for good measure for my bitfenix prodigy case

You realize that Mini-ITX board can only support one card, right? You can't do SLI/Crossfire (don't think it would fit in the case either).

I will have like 1600 by 9/30 lol I think I will wait n get a 56 vega :) I just wont get the warrenty :( that's all I kan afford. GPUs last a while right? I was going to get navi by late 2019 early 2020 :)

Back