The Definitive Guide to Getting a Wii Wednesday (12/6)

VoodooChi|d

[H]ard|Gawd
Since a few people didn't get a Wii last Sunday I decided to make another one. I'm doing it a few days early so people have plenty of time to prepare.

Walmart: In their weekly ad Wal-Mart stated they are having Wii's.

The ad said their would be a minimum of 3 units per store. I'm sure there will be plenty more.

The ad also said that it would be available online.

Most online rumors are saying that they will be selling them at 8 A.M. even if it is a 24 hr. Wal-Mart but who knows if your local store actually goes through with this so it might be worth a try at midnight. If not you can camp until 8. No idea when they are supposed to go online.

Good luck all. I will be taking 2 finals that day but my Wii is supposed to arrive that afternoon in the mail too.

No Walmart's near me :(

damn NYC and their "We hate slave labor" attitude.

I hate Wal-Mart too... but buying a Wii from them isn't going to help them much... :p

i just called and confirmed consoles at my walmart, they didnt say how many tho. The chick said there opening at 7am but wont sell them till 8....i dont get it is that when shipments come or wat?

I too plan on showing up an hour or so early to try to claim a wii. I'm in upstate ny though so hopefully not many people :)

I love walmart, and I'll love them even more if they can sell me a fucking Wii.

^ That's the first time I've ever heard someone say that they love Walmart... Most people hate them because they drive all the smaller stores out of business or something like that...

jaguax said:
^ That's the first time I've ever heard someone say that they love Walmart... Most people hate them because they drive all the smaller stores out of business or something like that...

It's called free market dude. God I love capitalism.

I'm an elitist and I hate Wal-Mart and the people that shop there.

You think the Walton family would ever shop at their own store?

i avoid walmart.. but i do buy stuff every once in a while there.. I usuallly go to target..

Walmart feels like a flea market lol..

VoodooChi|d said:
I'm an elitist and I hate Wal-Mart and the people that shop there.

You think the Walton family would ever shop at their own store?

Shop? No, they just have it sent directly to their home free of cost. :D

Did I mention I love capitalism?

Walmart has little to do with capitalism...

More to do with the fact that they are a horrible company period. Their employees get a major shaft but after they put the mom and pop business out of business that is the only place for the low skilled workers to work.

I agree with Rancid... it feels like a flea market...

Do we have any good sources on the 8AM info? I believe I read it online because they said the ad stated then, but I don't believe it does. The last Wiis my WM got in at 10:30 they sold out withinin an hour (WTF, bastards). I plan on going at 5pm tomorrow night to wait to buy at Midnight (they know who I am since I waited two days for a PS3, hopefuly I can con them into selling it to me).

pixelbender said:
Do we have any good sources on the 8AM info? I believe I read it online because they said the ad stated then, but I don't believe it does. The last Wiis my WM got in at 10:30 they sold out withinin an hour (WTF, bastards). I plan on going at 5pm tomorrow night to wait to buy at Midnight (they know who I am since I waited two days for a PS3, hopefuly I can con them into selling it to me).

I talked to my local walmart.. they said 8 AM wednesday...

grrr if i didnt have class wednesday i would so be in

i hope another thread like this pops up for this sunday :)

RancidWAnnaRIot said:
you're reading it wrong...

it's not an extra nunchuck.. it's just the nunchuck that's included...

all wii's bring a wiimote AND a nun chuck... lol

ohhhhh hahah i didnt know the wii came with an initial nunchuk i thought you had to buy that seperate no matter what.

I'm going to give it another shot at my local walmart wednesday morning... but I have a feeling I'll get owned by campers.

Anyone else have something abotu 8am at their WMs? I have to be at work for inventory at 6am, so 8 just ain't gonna cut it!!!!

It's 99% sure that Wal-Marts will have them (at least 3) and sell them at 8A.M.

The online part is the what is somewhat unknown right now...

I just got my Wii on Sunday at Target, and I stopped over there yesterday morning and this morning right before coming into work. There was a line formed and they passed out tickets. I talked to the guys at the back of the line, and Monday they had 18, today they had 13. On Sunday when I received mine, they had 33.

I would keep on checking in at your local stores because they are getting them in.

I verified that the Wal-Marts around me are having them in stock and will sell them at 8am on wednesday (they even had signs up on the register at the electronics dept.)

^^^^ Were you talking about TARGET having them yesterday ??? Or did you mean wal-mart had them? Who was giving out tickets?? Your post confused me.

I was 28th in line at my local CC and they only got 24 so I was busted =( Im afraid the 24hour walmart will have hundreds of people camping inside and out (or wherever the line starts) so Im not sure that's an option for me.

The thought has crossed my mind to go in, buy a Nintendo DS and a few games, play them until 8am, and return them at the counter when I purchase my Wii... ;) What do you think my chances are of getting away with it???

Also, I am a Sam's Club member and I was hoping they'd have some in.. its a little easier to grab one there I would think since you can't shop there without being a member.. but I called and they claimed (and im so sick of feeling like I am being BLATANTLY lied to on the phone) that they wouldn't get anymore until MARCH '08... WTF?? Has anyone heard any news on Wii's at Sam's Clubs?

Strahd said:
I verified that the Wal-Marts around me are having them in stock and will sell them at 8am on wednesday (they even had signs up on the register at the electronics dept.)

^^^^ Were you talking about TARGET having them yesterday ??? Or did you mean wal-mart had them? Who was giving out tickets?? Your post confused me.

I was 28th in line at my local CC and they only got 24 so I was busted =( Im afraid the 24hour walmart will have hundreds of people camping inside and out (or wherever the line starts) so Im not sure that's an option for me.

The thought has crossed my mind to go in, buy a Nintendo DS and a few games, play them until 8am, and return them at the counter when I purchase my Wii... ;) What do you think my chances are of getting away with it???

My post was about Target. I dont shop Walmart, and I always have better luck at Target.

^^^ Thanks... I called 6 targets in Orlando today. 2 said "Nothing until January" (Fking LIARS!!!!!) 1 said "I can't give you any information about that, all I can say is we don't have any in stock right now." and the other 2 said "We don't know, we aren't meant to know, we don't have any now and don't know when we'll get more." The last one didn't have a button for Electronics and I got the operator, who wouldn't transfer me to electronics and then just said "we don't have any" and hung up when I mentioned the Wii.

Im getting frustrated.

Strahd said:
^^^ Thanks... I called 6 targets in Orlando today. 2 said "Nothing until January" (Fking LIARS!!!!!) 1 said "I can't give you any information about that, all I can say is we don't have any in stock right now." and the other 2 said "We don't know, we aren't meant to know, we don't have any now and don't know when we'll get more." The last one didn't have a button for Electronics and I got the operator, who wouldn't transfer me to electronics and then just said "we don't have any" and hung up when I mentioned the Wii.

Im getting frustrated.

don't listen to them.. your best bet is to just go to target periodiaclly...

i called before last sunday and they told me they won't have any till after christmas..

then they had 27 on sunday... :rolleyes:

I went to the target I called on my lunch break (the one who claimed nothing until the new year) and the guys working the Electronics Counter said they expect them in randomly from now until christmas, and that there is no more holding periods. If they get them, they will stock them.

I happened to be there as they got their truck in but no dice =( However, i did figure out when their stock makes it back to the floor so near lunch time everyday I can head there and check it out.

I might just camp wal-mart tonight - My wife will never let me live it down as the nerdiest action of my entire existance, but in retrospect if I do it i'll not have to waste time on weekends waking up to 'get lucky' again... It's almost worth it just to get the addiction of finding one out of the way.

haha it is an addiction. I like the hunt much more than the catch. I got one and im gonna keep on hunting....cant....stop

Seriously, WTF????

Walmart's Ad says available 12/6, not 12/6 at 8am. I think this is BS. We should be able to go at midnight and demand a raincheck because their advertised 3 aren't available. (Yes, thank you, there ad says no rainchecks, but this applies to the 4th and later people showing up. WM gave out RCs for PS3s that they had advertised as having 10).

For once I don't have to work on Tues, and could go wait in line, but unfortunately for once have to be at wotk at 6am on Weds. Bastards Walmart...

i better get one wednesday..
as of right now im planning on going on like at 6am..
anyone think this isnt early enough?

Here is a question.. since Sam's Club is basically a Wal-Mart in disguise, do ya think they will ALSO be getting stock tomorrow?.... I'm a member and since they don't open until 10am that could be a really great opportunity... HMMMMMM

Seros said:

if the wii demand is anything like it is here.. show up at 5am..4am would be even better

Seros said:

A Wal_Mart near my house claims they only have 10, and ther eis already a line of > 10 outside the store for them...

This was at 1PM today (12/5) ... so uhhh i'd say 6am isn't likely early enough :p

I don't know about anyone else, but one of the walmarts here in lexington, ky had a paper up saying that the wii's would be back in stock at 8am on Wednesday. Apparently nobody told them not to confirm the rumor? The odd thing is that they are a 24-hour walmart of course... so 8am?

dotHectate said:
I don't know about anyone else, but one of the walmarts here in lexington, ky had a paper up saying that the wii's would be back in stock at 8am on Wednesday. Apparently nobody told them not to confirm the rumor? The odd thing is that they are a 24-hour walmart of course... so 8am?

yea.. every walmart is saying 8am for some reason...

Strahd said:
A Wal_Mart near my house claims they only have 10, and ther eis already a line of > 10 outside the store for them...

This was at 1PM today (12/5) ... so uhhh i'd say 6am isn't likely early enough :p

I can't believe people are still camping this long. It is completely nuts! I sort of understand with the initial launch because a lot of people want to be the first on the block to get one and don't want to pay the initial crazy prices on ebay. But we are a couple of weeks past launch and people are STILL waiting this long. Nuts!

I understand wanting the system, but you can buy it on ebay for $350-$400. Is waiting for nearly 24 hours really worth $100-150 to people? Maybe if it was just an hour or two of waiting I would understand. Then it might be worth it to save the money. But 20+ hours of waiting seems nuts to me when you can buy it on ebay.

Then again, maybe I am just getting old. :) When I was young and broke I may have done the same thing.

Back