The Definitive Guide to Getting a Wii Sunday (12/3)

VoodooChi|d

[H]ard|Gawd
Circuit City: They are all getting them. It is in the weekly ad.

You can check your stores stock #'s here: http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii-chat/7284-wii-allocations-circuit-city-sunday.html

To find out what your store # is go to www.CircuitCity.com and enter your zip code.

Toyrs R' Us:
Also in the weekly ad.

It's a bundle with Marvel Ultimate Alliance and a Controller Glove for $289.97.

It does not say number per store.

Target: Also in the weekly ad.

Limit of 1. It does not say number per store. Rumored to have 12+ per store.

Best Buy: Not confirmed but probable.

Rumored to have 12+ per store.

I would suggest going to Circuit City because they don't force bundles and are usually out of the way.

i heard many targets are getting over 50 wiis, mine is getting 60. called in and confirmed. target mite be the best bet since most circuit cities have like 20-30. target i called was in dublin, ca

Yeah... Target probably will get more but will also probably have more campers... and you can find a definite number on the Circuit City so you can count people in front of you...

Either way considering most reports have said most TRU already have campers Target or CC would be a better bet...

why would anyone go to tru unless they want that gay bundle of marvel. ew

That TRU bundle isn't bad, at least its cheaper then retail for those items.

VoodooChi|d said:
Yeah... Target probably will get more but will also probably have more campers... and you can find a definite number on the Circuit City so you can count people in front of you...

Either way considering most reports have said most TRU already have campers Target or CC would be a better bet...

Wow, are people really going to be camping? I was out the night of launch day, but jeez, I would have thought everyone gave up on that by now.

Either way, best of luck to everyone looking forward to picking up a Wii!

last sunday my best buy had 18. I just went an hour before they opened just in time to get a ticket to come back at 10.

quadnad said:
Wow, are people really going to be camping? I was out the night of launch day, but jeez, I would have thought everyone gave up on that by now.

Either way, best of luck to everyone looking forward to picking up a Wii!

people camped out when I went to CC at about 6:45AM.. the first 3 in line got there at about midnight last night.. #15 got there at about 6:30AM

there were onlye 15 units for sale

I am Wii Hunting in Columbia, SC today and having absolutely no luck.

okay, just got back from work after getting called in. the toysrus bundle isn't a forced, up to the customer at least in my store. Anyway, all 53 tickets were given out like 3 hours before the store opened. And then I had to deal with people bitching how it's not fair they didn't get their lazy asses up to come early and wait. :rolleyes:

RancidWAnnaRIot said:
people camped out when I went to CC at about 6:45AM.. the first 3 in line got there at about midnight last night.. #15 got there at about 6:30AM

there were onlye 15 units for sale

that sucks man...good luck on your hunt elsewhere

finally found one at circuit city. they had a bunch of remotes (about 30) , and sold out of the chucks (about 20) before i got there. I was number 27 of 29 units, got ther 1.5 hours before opening. Im trying to figure out what to do with it. finals are in a week, if i keep it im fucked grade wise, i mite egay it then use the 150$ i make towards another wii come the 16th and finals are done to get another for keepz.

I give up. There are no Wii's on sale in Columbia. I know someone who knows a manager at the local toys r us. I'm going to see what I can do with that connection.

SpeedRunner said:
I give up. There are no Wii's on sale in Columbia. I know someone who knows a manager at the local toys r us. I'm going to see what I can do with that connection.

I feel ya man... it's been pretty tough getting a wii... WAY harder to get one than anyone thought...

Absolutely ridiculous. Sounds like I'm waiting until I can easily buy one online at retail price. Well, that and I won't be back in the states for a while anyway. I was "Wii hunting" while I was home for Thanksgiving and that was the biggest waste of time ever. I did end up with a premium Xbox 360 for $300 though so the trip wasn't a total waste (as far as gaming goes).

o man rancid youve had a tough day. i guess all this will just make the wii that much better for you. the bad days make the good days better ;)

ii turned away about 200 people on line this morning at my best buy (where i work)

they were all like BUT BUT BUT EVERYWHERE ELSE HAS THEM
i got yelled at. alot.

SO GO EVERYWHERE ELSE!

Jeez. I hate asshole customers. I understand you want a wii, so do I, dont fucking yell at me.. like i care

palabared said:
o man rancid youve had a tough day. i guess all this will just make the wii that much better for you. the bad days make the good days better ;)

haha yea.. that's definatly true..

as for the dude that got yelled at by angry customers.. sorry man... It must suck having people pissed at you for things you cannot control...

target in cr ia got 50 and had a line and sold out in 10 mins the guy said. My babysitter wants one for her son i guess but she needed to tell me before this morning.

palabared said:
why would anyone go to tru unless they want that gay bundle of marvel. ew

Funny that TRU didnt sell me bundles. I acually wanted the bundles, but they ended up selling me just the console and a controller. Weird

I was at the TRU in Dallas off central expressway. Best buy did not get any Wii shipments in. Gamestop and ebgames said they were supposed to get some in last Friday, so I would try them tomorrow around 10am-noon. Good Lucky everyone.

sabrewolf732 said:
And then I had to deal with people bitching how it's not fair they didn't get their lazy asses up to come early and wait. :rolleyes:

lol - dont ya just love them kind of people? I had to deal with someone like that earlier today at Target as well. he didnt think it was fair that Target handed out tickets before the store opened. nevermind people like myself who woke up at 4:00am just to make sure I got a decent spot in line when they opened at 8:00am. he still didnt think that was fair.

what a moron... :eek:

RancidWAnnaRIot said:
I feel ya man... it's been pretty tough getting a wii... WAY harder to get one than anyone thought...

Thats just because people are naive and they think that just because there will be 1-2 million sold before christmas that it will be a walk in the park to get one. Sure it is hard to get a 360 or PS3 when there are only 500k before christmas. What people failed to realize is it would still be hard to get any console even if there were 5 million sold before christmas.

Erasmus354 said:
Thats just because people are naive and they think that just because there will be 1-2 million sold before christmas that it will be a walk in the park to get one. Sure it is hard to get a 360 or PS3 when there are only 500k before christmas. What people failed to realize is it would still be hard to get any console even if there were 5 million sold before christmas.

indeed, anyways I'm not going hunting for a wii untill next month, I seem to be wasting my time, to many people want them for gifts right now.

Are any of you trying Costco or Sam's? Both of them have had bundles in stock (in my area) several times since launch, but at random times- I just happened to be there and the employee had just put them on the floor.

The Costco bundle wasn't too bad- $330-ish for Wii, Zelda, and Excite Truck. I took Excite Truck to Target and did an exchange for Trauma Center, didn't get hassled about it at all.

Picked this up from Toys R us today with GF. Sucks I only got 1 Wiimote.

Wii and controllers.JPG

sweet loot u got there. I had the opposite problem, they sold out of nunchucks and had too many wiimotes. i got 2

too bad u can only make like 8$ on nunchucks on egay...

I didn't get ine 2day, but I'm probaly going to get one next sunday. I'm going to wake up @ like 7 am, target opens at 8 am, i'll probaly be there at 7 45.

That's a lot of nunchucks... lol

I wish mine would hurry up and get here... ETA is Wednesday...

Man, im giving one Wii to my little nephews for X-mas, and the other I am selling here on [H] for a decent price. I dont know what the fuck to do with the nunchucks, I need 1 more wiimote, im willing to give someone 2 nunchucks and a Classic controller for 1 wiimote. I just want 2 complete systems so il give away the 1 Clasic remote i got.

XLeezardx said:
Man, im giving one Wii to my little nephews for X-mas, and the other I am selling here on [H] for a decent price. I dont know what the fuck to do with the nunchucks, I need 1 more wiimote, im willing to give someone 2 nunchucks and a Classic controller for 1 wiimote. I just want 2 complete systems so il give away the 1 Clasic remote i got.
I'd do it, Wiimotes seem to be easy (er) to find here, but I cant afford another one right now, want one that has been opened already?

i called my local kb toys they arent even carrying wii's. This is getting to be a pain in the ass finding one.

Yea , and workin in retail for a store that will not sell them to employees at this time does not help my situation in getting a wii. :(

Was hoping to do little campout at toys but... had to work at 6am so still no wii here. Just a ps3 / 360 ... need to complete it ;)

My wife and I just decided that we want to get one for our daughter for Christmas, but we didn't figure out until Sunday night, so we missed the boat on these shipments.

Although we've both admitted that the Wii is partially for us as well. :)

RancidWAnnaRIot said:
Voodoo... if you get create another guide for next weekend.. that would be awesome.. lol :D
Wal-Mart is selling them Wed. at 8AM... I'll make a new post...

Back