The DECOmputer and the Humidor NX

I love the DECO computer, I've been thinking about something similar myself. Not using the same thing, but more along the lines of turning something old and broken (30's era camera) into something new (HTPC case)

Thanks!

You should try it. Giving new life to old well-made well-designed things is fun and somewhat rewarding.

Not to be rude or anything but I'm not a fan of your Humidors. It's just some hardware mounted inside a premade box.

Some of the other stuff is interesting though.

That's OK. I personally can't see much in modified pre-made cases. Full custom from scratch is where the true art is.

Do you have any pictures of when the humidor case was being made? I'm interested in seeing those. Nice cases, btw.

I don't build the cigar humidors. I modify them for use as an electronics enclosure.

There are three types of case mods. Modified pre-made, scratch built and found objects. Though I seem to specialize in latter, I have done all three types.

Scratch built is, of course, the most difficult and the most rewarding. Examples of my scratch built projects include the Machine Age PC and the Zenith PC

Le Bouton is an example of a modified pre-made case and the subjects of this thread are found object mods.

There seems to be a certain elitism among the modified pre-made case crowd. They look down at pre-modded cases with disdain as with many other styles of case modding. The reality is that it doesn't take a whole lot of talent to cut holes, paint and install pretty lights.

But that is just my opinion.

Back