• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

The current state of graphics...

DarkDrake

Weaksauce
Joined
Apr 10, 2004
Messages
92
Ok, so, Doom 3. Amazing experience right? From what I hear about Doom 3, is that its near movie CG. Ok I know I know, mabye not as close as it sounds but were certainly getting there. In a few more years there will be innovations in graphics technology never imagined (I speculate). But how long will it be before we dont have to upgrade our graphics cards anymore? I mean how MUCH better can textures, shaders, and bump mapping POSSIBLY get? There must come a time when it wont matter what graphics card you have because they all will be powerful enough to play games amazingly because the technology for new and better gaphics just wont be there. It seems like the cycle is about every 2 years PC gamers are almost forced to upgrade thier graphics cards or face slow and headache framerates. I seriously cant imagine how much better it can get. When we all have cards that allow us to play games with completely uncompressed textures and life-like AI patterns, will we really need to upgrade?
 
Before we don't have to upgrade? We might always have to, however graphics will hit a peak when we get to true photo realism, even then to run the games faster and with better tech, we'll need new grphics cards.

Doom3 and HL2 have the best graphics ever in a game, this is by far the biggest leapforwards in terms of gaming, truely evolutionary...
 
Back
Top