The CRT that doesn't exist

AuxNuke

Gawd
Please please please prove me wrong! I am looking for a CRT tht has:
- 19"
- 1600x1200 @ 85hz
- Black
- Aperture Grill (you know, with those annoying lines :) )

I have a Mitsubishi DP930SB which fits all of those requirements and I absolutely love it. BUT it has been discontinued and I want to buy another. Any ideas?

~Aux

I have a 19" NEC FE991SB sitting here. It's nice, but I don't think it will do 85hz at 1600x1200 just 75hz.

Viewsonic has the G90fb that can be forced to do said refresh rate... its 77hz on the box. :p And its fairly cheap.

hahaha, I read the requirements then immediately thought "duh Mitsubishi DP930SB." I have one myself and love it, but I didn't know it had been discontinued.

:(

Why do you want 1600x1200 out of a 19" CRT? Your eyes will fall out of socket lol.

Why cant you just get the same but bigger and better 22" from NEC or Mitsu, even HP has the same monitor named HP p1230. It uses same specs as the Mitsubishi Diamond Pro 2070SB or NEC equivalent model. I have that HP branded and its suberb!

Click for bigger images...

diapickle said:
Why do you want 1600x1200 out of a 19" CRT? Your eyes will fall out of socket lol.

I love it! Everything looks reeeeaaaallly weird at anyting smaller than 1600x1200. It looks like im using a toy computer with the icons so huge and such.

I guess I'll find a new or used DP930SB to match the one I have. I guess no one is making aperture grill CRT's anymore. /cry

diapickle said:

gaming

I have one and for text I find 1600x1200 uncomfortable. But if you have a videocard that can handle it, 1600x1200 is the way to go

I'm pretty sure the viewsonic p95f (and or p95f+b) meet that requirement. I think viewsonic has also discontinued that monitor as well (I just happen to have one).

I have a 22" Philips Brilliance 202P4, and I love it. However, it is not black... BUT THAT CAN BE EASILY CHANGED!

SOG Switch (which, by the way, no one has really told me what it does....glares at his thread-

BNC inputs, and a VGA.

It can even go up to that 20XXx15XX resoultion if you want to @ 80 HZ (although, this *may* be my video card... >.>)

Anywho, I really love it, and I'm sure you could too.

Anyone know if any of these monitors you are all talking about are Aperture grille? Thanks!

~Aux

FW900 does 1920*1200 at 98Hz :) Yeah I know it's not even black. Everyone loves it though.

Btw, pretty much any later NEC or mitsubishi is going to be AG. Mitsubishi's are famous for it.

texuspete00 said:
FW900 does 1920*1200 at 98Hz :) Yeah I know it's not even black. Everyone loves it though.

Btw, pretty much any later NEC or mitsubishi is going to be AG. Mitsubishi's are famous for it.
98hz?? Mine's @ 1920x1200x85hz i don't see how to set it at a higher refresh.

You'd have to create it as a custom refreshrate with powerstrip or something.

Deetox said:
You'd have to create it as a custom refreshrate with powerstrip or something.
But it seems to be advertised that 85hz is the max refresh rate for that res... wouldn't it be kind of stressful to the monitor to go higher?

They advertise 85hz because thats the highest "selectable" refresh for that res, the next one up is 100hz which is obviously too high. The reason you can't select 98hz is only because microsoft didn't program that choice into windows by default, not because it isn't safe to use. I've used the max refresh with every monitor i've owned and never had a problem, in fact i think they all still work to this day lol.

My viewsonic p220f sorta fits those requirements, but it may be discontinued also.

22inch
black
Aperture Grill
like .24 or .22 dot pitch
1600x1200@85

Deetox said:
They advertise 85hz because thats the highest "selectable" refresh for that res, the next one up is 100hz which is obviously too high. The reason you can't select 98hz is only because microsoft didn't program that choice into windows by default, not because it isn't safe to use. I've used the max refresh with every monitor i've owned and never had a problem, in fact i think they all still work to this day lol.
100hz is obviously too high and 98 is fine?

Why not just get a 21' crt that can do 85-100 hrz 1600x1200 ? they are cheap now and in my opinion far better than any lcd My sony 21' does 85hrz 1600x1200 and 100hrz at 1280x960 or 1280x1024 and 70 hrz at 2045x1536. Honestly I still will not purchase a lcd I think the display is horrible compared to a quality crt, actually I dont think it I know it I have seen many and I am like saying to myself ( pure shit ) and yes even to dell 2045p etc just lcd has a long ways to go before I will even consider buying one.

Deetox said:
umm ya 100hz is obviously too high if the max it can do is 98hz..
Heh sorry I didn't remember seeing anywhere that said the max was 98hz at that res, but I just did some looking and see it now. Reinstalling Powerstrip now :p

Back