The crazy returning folder

Modred189

Can't Read the OP
So here's a new one I've never encountered.
I had a folder on my desktop's (see sig) desktop. It contained a bunch of pictures, mp3s etc I used to make a movie for a family friend.
When I was done, I deleted the folder.

And now it's back.

The original was removed from the recycling bin when I emptied the bin, and it's back on my desktop. Thinking a particular file was being difficult, I deleted all of the files, and THEN deleted the main folder.

And now it's back, with no files in the folder, just the main folder and a sub folder inside it. Empty.

SO I deleted it again, and left it in the recycling bin.

And it has come back 3 times. SO now I have three copies in the recycling bin, and another back on the desktop.

WTF!?

have you tried deleting it from the command line? maybe also run checkdisk to see if there' some sort of corruption going on.

in the past I've had this happen to me too until I found out it was caused by MediaCoder which keeps putting a folder of my last encoding job back on my desktop. I had to change the destination folder to someplace else like my Video library folder.

It can also be caused by Windows Media Player's ripping folder setting, or any programs you have where you've made your desktop the default location of your work.

The fun part is finding which program made the folder ;-)

It might be media coder. I think i installed it a while back when looking at ripping movies onto my Zune, and then tried using it to re-encode this project. I'll give that a shot... thanks.

And it was set to rip there. And by resetting it, it's fixed. THANKS!!!

No problem. It used to annoy me too. It took me awhile to figure it out too until I was lucky enough to glimpse a folder appearing right when I was encoding a DVD video for my iPhone.

Back