The Computers in my room

I used to know a guy years ago who was 40 and living in his moms basement. It looked similar to what you have there. We used to have a ton of fun over there until his mom started yelling at everyone. Feel free to post

come on OP!

we are keeping this thread alive...make with the updates already

@ schapman43, I think we all have "that guy" in our past...lol

This makes me want to clean the hell out of my already clean apartment.

Holy god, your room is a shit hole.

This. What a shit hole.

What an incredible patronizing and arrogant comment.

Newsflash: Not everyone has the same values or financial situation.

I don't see how it is arrogant or patronizing. It looks like someone has never left their wow guild to see how clean the rest of society can be.

Looks like the pile I had before I got married and bought a house. It moved from the bedroom to the basement, and then most was sold off/ given away/ or just thrown away. The "work-bench" is much neater now.

Priorities change.

:pAre you sure you have enough? I could've given you the two working Dell Dimension computers I threw out yesterday.:D

I have more computers in my room, And yet its far cleaner.

After seeing this Im going to throw most of them away.

After seeing this I'm going to go to the restroom to take a dump over a clean toilet

Nice way to judge the OP because he doesn't follow your ways of life and like the same organization schemes and architecture you do. It's not like the room he posted has infestations and filth, it's just a little clutter. It's sad that any OCD yuppie now thinks organization has anything to do with cleanliness. Some people just choose not to obsess over such silly things, and don't like all this feng shui and chic styled new age style in their homes. IMO those styles aren't very warm and welcoming. I'll feel warm and welcome in someone's house any day that is dimly lit, with some nice, thick plush carpet, wooden paneling, and good, old fashioned furniture.

Nice way to judge the OP because he doesn't follow your ways of life and like the same organization schemes and architecture you do. It's not like the room he posted has infestations and filth, it's just a little clutter. It's sad that any OCD yuppie now thinks organization has anything to do with cleanliness. Some people just choose not to obsess over such silly things, and don't like all this feng shui and chic styled new age style in their homes. IMO those styles aren't very warm and welcoming. I'll feel warm and welcome in someone's house any day that is dimly lit, with some nice, thick plush carpet, wooden paneling, and good, old fashioned furniture.

You don't quite get it. Sounds like you *like* clutter and disorganization.

No, I just care about other things in life rather than obsessing about every little detail of neatness. You may see what I have and call it cluttered, but if you cleaned it up and organized it, I would no longer have any clue where it is. What you call cluttered and disorganized usually isn't. When you only have a certain amount of space to work with, normal people make things look a little cluttered instead of throwing things away.

My point is that you all jumped on this guy and judged him to be some evil, unsanitary pig, just because he isn't obsessed with YOUR life standards. I bet every one of you who jump down this guy's throat floss twice daily, obsessively count the number of times back and forth, use hand sanitizer all the time, and can't take a leak without considering your hands a cesspool. It reminds me of an episode of Seinfeld where he threw out a belt because the buckle simply touched a public urinal. Well, it can't be that bad to wear it back to your home and contaminate everything (logic doesn't get through.) Like things can't be washed? They become tainted? In another episode he threw away a toilet brush because his girlfriend put his toilet brush in his TOILET.

No, I just care about other things in life rather than obsessing about every little detail of neatness. You may see what I have and call it cluttered, but if you cleaned it up and organized it, I would no longer have any clue where it is. What you call cluttered and disorganized usually isn't. When you only have a certain amount of space to work with, normal people make things look a little cluttered instead of throwing things away.

My point is that you all jumped on this guy and judged him to be some evil, unsanitary pig, just because he isn't obsessed with YOUR life standards. I bet every one of you who jump down this guy's throat floss twice daily, obsessively count the number of times back and forth, use hand sanitizer all the time, and can't take a leak without considering your hands a cesspool. It reminds me of an episode of Seinfeld where he threw out a belt because the buckle simply touched a public urinal. Well, it can't be that bad to wear it back to your home and contaminate everything (logic doesn't get through.) Like things can't be washed? They become tainted? In another episode he threw away a toilet brush because his girlfriend put his toilet brush in his TOILET.

the words *newb* SHUT UP! come to mind..

Yeah, because common sense and treating people decently has anything to do with being a "newb". Way to make someone with the same interests as the rest of you feel welcome.

Yeah, because common sense and treating people decently has anything to do with being a "newb". Way to make someone with the same interests as the rest of you feel welcome.

you are not new at all, if you were new you woulden't have just started talking on this thread, you are 1 day old, so why would you just come to this forum and start on this thread ? kinda makes no sense at all. usually people introduce them self, then lerk a little and join in on other threads, YOU came here signed up and went right to this thread.

Want some sympathy ? NOT GUNNA HAPPEN.. I'm not being a ass hole either, i'm stating true facts..

I wasn't talking about making me feel welcome. I could care less what you think of me. Obviously the OP was a member here a while, made this thread, felt insulted (rightfully so), and left. Way to make him feel welcome. Therefore all of you who bashed him are, indeed, rude assholes. And also, why would I want to be formal and try to warm up to people like you and introduce myself? I am here to help people with logic and offer advice about things I know, and make people like you look like tools.

I wasn't talking about making me feel welcome. I could care less what you think of me. Obviously the OP was a member here a while, made this thread, felt insulted (rightfully so), and left. Way to make him feel welcome. Therefore all of you who bashed him are, indeed, rude assholes. And also, why would I want to be formal and try to warm up to people like you and introduce myself? I am here to help people with logic and offer advice about things I know, and make people like you look like tools.

You sir, are on the wrong forum then...

So says you, and you are no one with kind of authority, so this is going to be fun.

I agree with grim entirely, you guys are blowing this way out of proportion. Despite what he says, dashpuppy was (is?) just being an asshole.

Here's some pics of my desk from a few years back.. Some people can just work in harsh environments.. other can't handle it. (when did 360 come out?)

2008720930_184b0013e8_z.jpg

274991724_94d7f90678_b.jpg

274991730_a396d483ee_b.jpg

That's about how I keep my room at times. Then I get sick of the clutter and neaten up a little bit. Every few weeks. I am always tinkering with something, and it would be pointless and a waste of time to keep things hidden away.

That's about how I keep my room at times. Then I get sick of the clutter and neaten up a little bit. Every few weeks. I am always tinkering with something, and it would be pointless and a waste of time to keep things hidden away.

Exactly how I think. Finally, someone who isn't OCD.

Especially being mechanically inclined, I work on my own cars. You learn to not keep tools all organized and neat, because by the time you just spent to do put them away, you need to again spend time to gather up the tools again because it broke again! The groove on top of the fender where the hood rests is the mechanic's toolbox and bolt tray. Even working at an oil change shop, I would only put the tools back organized on the rack at the end of the day. During the day in use I would just let them pile up on the screen of the pan the oil gets drained into.

I think I would lose my fucking mind in your rooms. I cant stand for loose shit to be on or around my desk. wow lol

Alright. I'm taking bets on weather or not grimster is really the OP scharfshutze009 with a new account to defend himself with.

Who's in? Cmon...........

Place your bets - place your bets......:D

wow.. this thread is pretty funny... I wish I had some pics of my old friend's apartment back in 1999/2000. It was a true masterpiece of food container clutter and computer stuff... :eek:

Especially being mechanically inclined, I work on my own cars. You learn to not keep tools all organized and neat, because by the time you just spent to do put them away, you need to again spend time to gather up the tools again because it broke again! The groove on top of the fender where the hood rests is the mechanic's toolbox and bolt tray. Even working at an oil change shop, I would only put the tools back organized on the rack at the end of the day. During the day in use I would just let them pile up on the screen of the pan the oil gets drained into.

apparently your vehicle is hidden behind a bow-tie then.
AMIRITE?

but seriously... that "room" is... yuck.
I at least learned how to throw shit away.

and lol at the wadded up tissue on the desk

Alright. I'm taking bets on weather or not grimster is really the OP scharfshutze009 with a new account to defend himself with.

Who's in? Cmon...........

Place your bets - place your bets......:D

DING!! i bet 20$

DING!! i bet 20$

No the grimster is not me and why was it a dead thread because I had to reopen this thread? As I should have stated incase I didn't make myself clear I have plans for all this stuff although it is cluttered at the moment and I will keep you posted. I plan to do some major changes after New Years of 2012 and clean up finally after being delayed many times.

Back