The Closing Circuit City Stores Liquadition deal thread

More than likely they are just going to redistribute inventory. Wont see a major selloff.
At least not on items we want.

all 13 stores in AZ are all closing.. i'll drop by after work and see what they have..

No stores are closing in Massachusetts.. OMG.. :( That's what happens when you live in a rich/richest state.

doubt that they will sell off much, no sense losing more money when they can truck it to stores that are staying open and not take the additional losses.

all 13 stores in AZ are all closing.. i'll drop by after work and see what they have..

I will keep an eye on the stores in the North Valley. Where are you at brysig? I tend to agree with the redistribution of inventory theory though also. If they can just load all of the newer items that still have a margin on them and move them to another store then I think they will. I think what we may be looking at is the just going out of prime time items like older model printers, monitors, accessories, etc... I am COMPLETELY fine with that. If you need me, I will be the guy with the 6 foot wing span slowly circling about my local CC.

haha they are closing a store near me that opened less than 6 months ago

I will be at my local CC today at 10 to see what is going on. I am in Phx near 16th st and Camelback. Nevermind that just reading dusteraz's post

I will keep an eye on the stores in the North Valley. Where are you at brysig? I tend to agree with the redistribution of inventory theory though also. If they can just load all of the newer items that still have a margin on them and move them to another store then I think they will. I think what we may be looking at is the just going out of prime time items like older model printers, monitors, accessories, etc... I am COMPLETELY fine with that. If you need me, I will be the guy with the 6 foot wing span slowly circling about my local CC.

I am looking for a new TV in the North Valley, posibly a samsung.

hey thanks ken.. i'll be dropping by at the metro center store. i think they rather sell what they have on the store instead of shipping them out of state cuz they'll spend more money doing that. but anyway i'm hoping to see a good deal on a receiver.

never forget the time going to the final day of Comp USA closing down looking for anything to burn money on and even then their prices were still above retail

the same company from Comp USA isn't doing this since it's not a total closing, correct?

please let that not be the case, those guys were rediculous...

Don't expect much, this was posted from a CC employee in the Phoenix area:

okay here is the deal! as boxcar said a third party is coming in and liquidating the store! its really retarded! i just got home from retagging the store and the deals suck. 30% off is the most off right now and the 30% off was only on gps accessories! LAME! they will NOT give employees deals at all, they are there to make money and thats it! all the sale and clearance items are back to normal retail price then they are taking the 10-30 percent off! all displays and open box items are treating as new in the box items and are selling at FULL retail. so just a heads up dont waste your time goin in and buying anything this week. wait for a while and let the prices come down...if they do

it's most likley going to be like the CompUSA liquidation where they distribute the good items to other stores and some liquidator buys it up and sells items for more than they originally cost.

yay, at least I won't be going there many times then...

what competitors stores are in the areas that the closings are occurring?

we had compusa...no loss overpriced and junk, bestbuy...don't know if they were a threat to CC but their parking lot was always full when CC was not. just 2 blocks apart.

Frys...I wish we had one here.

Just got back from CC. Almost everything is marked 10% off.
It looks like the same company that handled the CompUSA closings is also doing these... same signs at least.

Sucks. All the idiots will buy the decent parts before they are actually a decent buy.

Just got back from CC. Almost everything is marked 10% off.
It looks like the same company that handled the CompUSA closings is also doing these... same signs at least.

Sucks. All the idiots will buy the decent parts before they are actually a decent buy.

(Using best Braveheart voice) Hooolllddd.... HOOOLLLDDD!!!!

(Using best Braveheart voice) Hooolllddd.... HOOOLLLDDD!!!!

Haha.
Oh and I almost forgot, if you need a 'turbo kit' for any imaginable car or truck, they have these harnesses EVERYWHERE in the store. And I mean everywhere: Behind Firedog, in computers, hanging from random endcaps in TV's, you name it.

They use the same signs at "Linen and Things." I swear they better have a better sale than a 2600XT for $180.

Sweet, there is one closing near me, but there are more stores near there, so they may just redistribute the inventory.

never forget the time going to the final day of Comp USA closing down looking for anything to burn money on and even then their prices were still above retail

I remember LMAO @ a "custom performance PC" at CompUSA on the final night.
It was really just a display PC, used to example available PC upgrade components. It had P4 with a TT Big Typhoon illuminated HSF, 1 or 2 Gb DDR, and a several yr old Radeon with a big-arse aftermarket cooler.
It was missing the side panel and several screws were missing. But it DID have several illuminated fans, lmao.

All that... with a big sign claiming 50% off. I can't remember the exact price but it was well over $1000. :eek::eek: LMFAO

Just made my first and probably only trip... Better prices at the CC store that's not closing down.

Thank goodness the CC near me is not closing down (yet?). It's good to have a B&M option to BB. :)

They use the same signs at "Linen and Things." I swear they better have a better sale than a 2600XT for $180.

They use those signs everywhere. They used them when Wards closed and I used them when I closed my bike shop. When you go to a retail fixture store, it's pretty much the only choice. Not like they'd have a variety of "Going Out Of Business Sale" signs to choose from.

went to the store after work and 5-30% off and most of them 30% off are wires for ht and computers.. really sucks! the funny part is people actually buying stuff.

Yeah the sale sucks. It was 5-30% off and i actually founds a TV that wasnt even on sale... it just had a DASH. Also, they had a logitech G9 for 112 dollars... with 10% off. What a deal!

Laptops = 5%
Music and Movies = 20%
TVs= 10%
Networking hardware = 10%
Computers and monitors = 10%
Music Players =10%
Most everything was 10% or less.

Wait.... Music and movies 20% off?

I'm there! Circuit City already has pretty low prices on CD's and movies. Problem is... I can't think of anything I want. :(

Here's a list of all the stores that closing....

Code:
The 155 stores Circuit City Stores Inc. said it will close by Dec. 31:

[B]ALABAMA:[/B]
- Anniston, Trussville

[B]ARKANSAS:[/B]
- Fayetteville

[B]ARIZONA:[/B]
- Avondale, Chandler, Gilbert, Goodyear, Mesa (2), Peoria, Phoenix (4), Queen Creek, Scottsdale

[B]CALIFORNIA:[/B]
- City of Industry, Compton, Concord, Dublin, Escondido, Fairfield, Fontana, Foothill Ranch, Fremont, Merced, Mira Loma, Moreno Valley, Morgan Hill, Murrieta, Palo Alto, Pittsburg, Pomona, Richmond, Riverside, San Rafael, Santa Barbara, Santa Maria, Thousand Oaks, Vista

[B]COLORADO:[/B]
- Colorado Springs, Northglenn, Parker

[B]CONNECTICUT:[/B]
- Orange

[B]FLORIDA:[/B]
- Jacksonville (2), Naples, Orlando, Panama City, Tallahassee, Vero Beach

[B]GEORGIA:[/B]
- Acworth, Alpharetta, Atlanta (4), Bogart, Buford, Conyers, Cumming, Douglasville, Duluth, Hiram, Kennesaw, Macon, Morrow, Newnan, Snellville, Warner Robins

[B]ILLINOIS:[/B]
- Arlington Heights, Batavia, Bloomingdale, Bolingbrook, Calumet City, Chicago, Countryside, Crystal Lake, Joliet, Zurich, Niles, Oswego, South Barrington, Vernon Hills

[B]INDIANA:[/B]
- Clarksville, Indianapolis, Lafayette, South Bend

[B]KANSAS:[/B]- Lenexa, Overland Park

[B]KENTUCKY:[/B]
- Lexington, Louisville, Paducah

[B]LOUISANA:[/B]
- Baton Rouge, Kenner, Marrero, Slidell

[B]MARYLAND:[/B]
- Baltimore, Beltsville, Marlow Heights

[B]MICHIGAN:[/B]
- Auburn Hills, Bloomfield, Dearborn, Jackson, Muskegon, Pontiac, Rochester Hills

[B]MISSOURI:[/B]
- Ferguson, Independence, Kansas City (2)

[B]MISSISSIPPI:[/B]
- Tupelo

[B]NORTH CAROLINA:[/B]
- Charlotte

[B]NEW JERSEY:[/B]
- Freehold, Livingston

[B]NEVADA:[/B]
- Sparks

[B]NEW YORK:[/B]
- Bay Shore, Bronx, Brooklyn, Holbrook, Lake Grove, Massapequa, New York, West Nyack

[B]OHIO:[/B]
- Brooklyn, Cincinnati, Columbus (2), Cuyahoga Falls, Elyria, Garfield Heights, Grove City, Mansfield, Mayfield Heights, Mentor

[B]OKLAHOMA:[/B]
- Norman, Oklahoma City

[B]TENNESSEE:[/B]
- Antioch, Collierville, Memphis, Spring Hill

[B]TEXAS:[/B]
- Burleson, Cedar Park, Dallas, Houston, League City, Mansfield, McKinney, Sherman, Temple

[B]VIRGINIA:[/B]
- Charlottesville, Manassas, McLean

[B]WASHINGTON:[/B]
- Federal Way

[B]WISCONSIN:[/B]
- Milwaukee

Yeah the sale sucks. It was 5-30% off and i actually founds a TV that wasnt even on sale... it just had a DASH. Also, they had a logitech G9 for 112 dollars... with 10% off. What a deal!

Laptops = 5%
Music and Movies = 20%
TVs= 10%
Music Players =10%

just wait a bit, might drop down 5-10% next week or so

Wait.... Music and movies 20% off?

I'm there! Circuit City already has pretty low prices on CD's and movies. Problem is... I can't think of anything I want. :(

Are you kidding me? Their movies are like the most expensive things on earth. Blu-Ray prices are even worse.

Laptops = 5%
Music and Movies = 20%
TVs= 10%
Music Players =10%

Thanks for the breakdown was hoping to snag a DGL-4500 for under etailer prices but 10% off of $200 is still too high.

Back