The classic Microsoft Optical Mouse fanclub!

MoreDents

Limp Gawd
The best mouse. Ever.

Very light weight. Very comfortable. Very solid. And no need for any fancy name

I've tried Razer mice, Logitech mice, Apple's...and I KEEP coming back to my 6 year old Microsoft Optical

I prefer the white version over the black because white's buttons have a more obvious "click"

MOM.jpg

Buy and read the review
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826105184

http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-D66...2?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1210983368&sr=8-2

Who else is a diehard user?

:D

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
LOL. That really is my most favorite mouse ever... there is probably one of those within 6 feet of me at any given time. I remember buying a bunch to replace the crappy hockey puck mac mice on G5's. If only they made a wireless version. I just can't do cords anymore. The biggest thing I like about it is the weight. Compared to wireless, it just glides smooth and is easy to pick up. Unlike the wireless ones I've had, it doesn't force your pinky finger to drag on the desk either. In a pinch, it also doubles as a clever flashlight!

I still wish whoever runs MS's hardware division would get "promoted" to their software biz and turn that into a user-friendly operation as well.

Funny, that's the one i'm using on both my comps, a white one and a black one. What sucks is the 5 button mouse from MS i got that is messed up so I went back to the old.

Funny, that's the one i'm using on both my comps, a white one and a black one. What sucks is the 5 button mouse from MS i got that is messed up so I went back to the old.

Yeah, MS's 5 button mice aren't as good

intellimouse.jpg

That one has extremely flimsy side buttons and the mouse itself is too large

Intelimouse Explorer 3.0 best mouse i ever bought

looks like the one pictured above but in silver

since been replaced on my main rig for wireless but ill always keep it close for a back up

The Wife is using the original one (from the OP's pic), and I have the Basic Optical Mouse myself. Great mice, solid, reliable, no real issues to speak of aside from mine having that "Lost mouse cursor" syndrome where it just puts the cursor almost as far away as it can be from where you were expecting it to be at any given moment.

It's irritating sometimes, but I live with it. I kinda miss the original one. I had the Blue version for a while but sold it with a desktop machine, so if I get a chance to get another original one I more than likely will.

I use IE7Pro with IE7 and it has mouse gestures to let me do the Back/Forward stuff by holding buttons and doing a click combo, or even just right-click-drag left or right. Also using All Mouse Gestures in Firefox to get mouse gestures too.

Great mice, really. I remember the day the original Intellimouse hit the market and I got one. The big steel ball made those things so damned awesome, especially for gaming in those days. Loved 'em, and in some ways I miss 'em. Perhaps I need to drop a few lead weights inside my current model to give it the same heft and feel. :)

Honestly, I can't remember ever owning any other brand of mouse for my own machines.

Consider me a member, definitely.

i've been using the intellimouse explorer 3.0 now for years now...most comfortable mouse i have used

Not a fan personally, but I've got 2 kicking around incase my MX revolution decides to tank. They're by far the best of the generic mice though.

I just can't live without the extra buttons and shortcuts. Flick the scroll wheel left to refresh the page, right to minimize to desktop, use the lookup button to ALT F4, forward, back, side wheel to adjust volume or mute... <3

Intelimouse Explorer 3.0

Over the years I have had 2 die, one replaced by MS the other in the garage
I am down too the 3 on my systems LOL

GREAT MOUSE...GREAT SIZE

I hate little mice

My first wireless mouse was a IntelliMouse... possibly an Explorer 3.0. Can't remember. I should check my Amazon account and find out for sure. :)

That said, it was a good mouse that served me well for a long time!

I am using the exact same mouse as pictured by the OP. After trying more than a dozen different mice, i like it the best. My mouse has yellowed where the palm of my hand sits. guess that is expected with over 5yrs of use.

I am using the exact same mouse as pictured by the OP. After trying more than a dozen different mice, i like it the best. My mouse has yellowed where the palm of my hand sits. guess that is expected with over 5yrs of use.

I JUST ordered a brand new one on amazon.com. I've been using my 5 year old white mouse and the white has started to die...
I have a white RAZER mousepad so the color scheme fits perfectly :p

Razer-ProPad-718749.jpg

(ignore the mouse in picture)

I got a blue one next to me right now :)
Well, blue and silver. Seriously, very very comfortable.

Back