• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

The!checker

Status
Not open for further replies.

ep0x73

2[H]4U
2FA
Joined
Sep 5, 2013
Messages
2,663
Anybody here use this program formerly known as piccheck?

Been using it for ages to check dupes of files with csv's.

It appears to be abandoned, my copy is 4.20 from what looks like 2006.

It works with 7-64 but works better with XP. Just wondering if there was ever a newer version.
Google search turned up nothing besides one site which had an even older version and the link was dead regardless.

The authors site was on compuserve and lycos, both are gone. Maybe he died?

Hunter was the other program, never liked it as well but it appears to be still supported even though I can't seem to find a copy of it anywhere.
 
Neither have been updated. Only a small number of people on Usenet use them.

I have The!Checker 4.20. I also have Hunter 2.1 if you want it.
 
Figures, since the authors sites are gone he abandoned them or he's no longer alive.
I have 4.20 which appears to be the last, I could not find anything more recent.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top