The boss button.

sigmend

[H]ard|Gawd
You know in some games they have a 'boss button' that you push if your boss walks by, and it will pull up a spread sheet full of fake data?

Today while playing with the latest Tiger build (I'm a dev, don't ask), I realized something. F12 is like a boss button.
I was playing Solitaire (3rd party, Found on TheDashboarder, I think) in Dashboard when my superior walked by. I of course panicked, then realized, F12 :D

I can see a lot of trouble coming from this:D

lol isnt f12 the eject button for apple laptops? What exactly does it do for you?

Well for the iBooks it is, but on my PowerBook there is a separate eject button.

And I am talking about Apple's beta operating system Tiger.

Jozone said:
now that is coooool! Makes me want a new mac even more!

Don't we already have this in windows? Wasn't I using a program called dashboard on my windows 3.11 system back in 1993 or so? - I'm thinking it was a product made by connectix, logitech, or symantec.

Yeah.. I think we do..

and *nix

in fact, haven't we had this in linux for forever?

Didn't os/2 do this too? Yeah.. pretty sure it did..

Laforge said:
Don't we already have this in windows? Wasn't I using a program called dashboard on my windows 3.11 system back in 1993 or so? - I'm thinking it was a product made by connectix, logitech, or symantec.

Yeah.. I think we do..

and *nix

dude, dont come in here hating on Tiger, or Dashboard. people have had widgets forever, but not like Dashboard :) go read about it, it's going to be a lot of fun. im looking forward to writing new Dashboard widgets.

Laforge said:

Yeah.. I think we do..

and *nix

Even Lisa had stuff like that, if we're going to debate "who was first." ;) Anyway, like Garage81 said, go look at a demo of it or something. It goes quite a bit beyond anything similar that has ever existed before.

Seriously, if you just come here to bash Apple, at least do a good job with it. ;)

Back