The Birth Of The YouTube

Way, way, way to much drama in these forums here, and we are supposed to be men? ;) :D Thanks for the information OP, I did not realize it has been that long.

If you don't like it you can skip to the next post.
I get the feeling that if you were to take your own advice with respect to YouTube, you might have a better experience. I agree with your general sentiment only as far as the proportion of good content to shit content is decreasing. The good content is getting better, and it's easy to find. Video is a fantastic medium for tutorials and education.

Whenever a subject comes up that I have a opinion on, I will express it.

If you don't like it you can skip to the next post.

IMHO, the internet was near perfect in 1999. Everything that has been added to it since has detracted, rather than added to it.
Why don't you approach the internet with the same attitude?

I'll be the first to agree there's plenty of dumb shit and windbags on stuff like Youtube, but to generalize and say there's no quality information anymore is just naive.

Meh.

I find youtube to be more of an annoyance than anything else.

It has harmed good written format content because everyone wants to be a goddamned youtube celebrity.

I liked it fine as a clip sharing site, but as soon as Google enabled revenue sharing and these nobody's started having "shows" on it, it all turned to shit.

I think the internet would be a better place if tomorrow it just disappeared.
You can't even use it as a clip sharing site anymore or they perma-ban you.

I rarely use youtube. I much prefer comcast via HDHR locally & over the internet.

My 7 year likes to watch 7+ hour videos of plane takeoffs & landings, roller coaster park reviews & toy reviews -- none of which he can find on normal tv.

The opinion of usefulness of youtube may vary by generation. YMMV of course.

I find YouTube a great place to find music and to watch nature documentaries.
I also follow a few quality world travelers.
It's a good place to hang if you don't give a shit about influencers.
Most of the people here complaining about YouTube is the older TV generation who's too lazy too look up stuff themselves and is used to being fed shit they probably don't even give a damn about. The types who use TV screens not to learn something, but to waste time.

Back