The BFG 6800 GT OC is my favorite card... ever.

I basically built this rig for this generation of games (DOOM 3 ;)) and the most recent addition was the BFG 6800 GT OC, which replaced a Radeon 9800 PRO 128MB (which replaced a Geforce 3).

Anyway, I just finished Doom 3 not too long ago...and I must say... it was an absolutely flawless gaming experience. The card performed in SPADES all of the way through. I ran it in 1600x1200x32 HIGH settings w/ x2Q FSAA (gives the look of x4 FSAA) and x8 AF.
I had smooth framerates the entire time, no stuttering... nothing. And the game was just simply GORGEOUS. I also enabled the player shadows too, to make it more realistic and better looking.

Anyway, out of all of the cards I had ever owned, this one lived up to all of my expectations. I never would have thought I could do settings like that with the Doom 3 engine... wow, I must say I am very impressed.

BTW, I also overclocked the card to 400/1100 while playing Doom 3, it overclocks higher, but it had fits in Doom 3 where it does fine in other games. So it was nice to buy a card for $400 and have it overclock to a $500 card. Very nice.

I dunno... this may be a stupid post... but I just had to give some kudos to BFG and nVidia for this awesome card.

I'm now sure that Half Life 2 / STALKER / etc... will be no problem and give me the same wonderful results as Doom III did.

Amen brother...

Too many time we buy products that do not live up to their claims and our expectations. I think nVidia did it this time around. I could not find a BFG so I went with the PNY. Even with my limited cpu/fsb combo Doom 3 runs great.

Kudos again....

Back