The best water cooling system

You ordered what you listed above ?
If so , great for you. Nice fun with Watercooling. :)

Originally posted by kronchev
petsmart doesnt have it, marine depot only has parts for it. pet stores seem to sell the pumps for more than any WC store.

head height doesnt matter for me at all, it wont have to go over at most a foot. always best to have a better curve but i dont want to pay a premium for it.

and for the t-line, so you just get one of the T-splitters they sell on those WC websites, hook the two lines in, and just put a marker top on the perpendicular line? and its fine? as in water tight?

You have 9219 posts, yet you can't navigate simple websites?

$39.95 @ marine depot. Power heads > Supreme Mag drive pumps > page with prices.

Head height does matter. Head height is just a measure of restriction, and watercooling setups are restrictive.

A Eheim 1250 is not going to flow 317 gph through any setup. It will flow whatever flowrate it is rated for at the restriction level (head height) of the setup it is in.

Look at the chart at the bottom of the marinedepot page. Notice that as head height goes up, flowrate goes down. All centrifugal pumps work this way.

Originally posted by Giblet Plus!
You have 9219 posts, yet you can't navigate simple websites?

$39.95 @ marine depot. Power heads > Supreme Mag drive pumps > page with prices.

Head height does matter. Head height is just a measure of restriction, and watercooling setups are restrictive.

A Eheim 1250 is not going to flow 317 gph through any setup. It will flow whatever flowrate it is rated for at the restriction level (head height) of the setup it is in.

Look at the chart at the bottom of the marinedepot page. Notice that as head height goes up, flowrate goes down. All centrifugal pumps work this way.

"power head"? how the hell was I supposed to know thats what its called not "pump." I did a SEARCH on the forum and nothing came up.

"power head"? how the hell was I supposed to know thats what its called not "pump." I did a SEARCH on the forum and nothing came up.

A simple search for "mag 3" on petsmart brings it up. You strike me as a lazy bum that wants other people to do the hard work for you.

A simple search for "mag 3" on petsmart brings it up. You strike me as a lazy bum that wants other people to do the hard work for you.

What flamed ? This thread is gonna be lock I think.

but "danner mag 3" doesnt get it, so oh well:rolleyes:

i didnt want a link, i just said it didnt show up on a search.

Originally posted by OneMadPoptart
http://overclockers.com/articles373/waterkit.asp

What are you looking at???

This page containes 1 test, the overall thermal dissapation in C/Watts. The lowest overall C/W is the best. Look at the top of the graph. What do you see??? The Corsiar unit. Where is the Exos??? 3 Down from that.

Right after that, the Corsiar unit is listed (at LOW fan speed) rated right behind the Exos at high fan speed.

Where do you get 10 tests from this???

I am just saying I have literally seen 9 other reviews where the EXOS beats the Corsair ;) Which means this is the 10th review :D

I own an EXOS and I love it. I think they are perfectly suited for any AXP processor though for A64/Opteron/FX/Pent4 you will want a custom solution. EXOS will allow you to OC a barton to high heaven, and I can assure you that heat/voltage will not be the issue at that point....either RAM or chipset will be your shortfall. 1 myth that I want to debunk is that customs are cheaper. The cutsom kit I want for my P4 will be well over $500.

1) DD RBX
2) Z Chipset Block
3) 875 conversion kit
4) Maze4 GPU
5) Tubing
6) 2x BIX Micro 2s (I hate 120mm fans)
7) Cooling Fluid
8) Hydor L30
9) Dual BayRes
10) Clamps
11) UV Color
12) Accelerator Nozzles
13) 4 80mm Led Fans
14) Distilled Water

add that all up and you are looking a chunk of change. The plus side of all of this is that you will be able to port 90% of this equip to new systems when the time comes, and if you can keep current cpu temps at 10C above ambiant...they will allow you the ability to OC almost anything in the future.

Peace!
M

Originally posted by Mysogonist
I own an EXOS and I love it. I think they are perfectly suited for any AXP processor though for A64/Opteron/FX/Pent4 you will want a custom solution. EXOS will allow you to OC a barton to high heaven, and I can assure you that heat/voltage will not be the issue at that point....either RAM or chipset will be your shortfall. 1 myth that I want to debunk is that customs are cheaper. The cutsom kit I want for my P4 will be well over $500.

1) DD RBX
2) Z Chipset Block
3) 875 conversion kit
4) Maze4 GPU
5) Tubing
7) Cooling Fluid
8) Hydor L30
9) Dual BayRes
10) Clamps
11) UV Color
12) Accelerator Nozzles
13) 4 80mm Led Fans
14) Distilled Water

add that all up and you are looking a chunk of change. The plus side of all of this is that you will be able to port 90% of this equip to new systems when the time comes, and if you can keep current cpu temps at 10C above ambiant...they will allow you the ability to OC almost anything in the future.

Peace!
M

Sure your customs will cost 500$ you have

2x radiator ; get a heater core, more power cheaper , you can even do it your self.
Those items are not included in a prebuilt system :
11) UV Color
12) Accelerator Nozzles
13) 4 80mm Led Fans

Use a T-line instead of a reservoir.

etc... Customs can be cheaper

1) DD RBX
2) Z Chipset Block
3) 875 conversion kit
4) Maze4 GPU
5) Tubing
7) Cooling Fluid
8) Hydor L30
9) Dual BayRes
10) Clamps
11) UV Color
12) Accelerator Nozzles
13) 4 80mm Led Fans
14) Distilled Water

Peace!
M

haha, you pay customs. there are lots of ways to get around that, easiest being just place multiple orders...

haha, you pay customs. there are lots of ways to get around that, easiest being just place multiple orders...

is this real ?
:confused: Not customs, like the border. Customs watercooling kit. :rolleyes:

1) DD RBX
2) Z Chipset Block
3) 875 conversion kit
4) Maze4 GPU
5) Tubing
7) Cooling Fluid
8) Hydor L30
9) Dual BayRes
10) Clamps
11) UV Color
12) Accelerator Nozzles
13) 4 80mm Led Fans
14) Distilled Water

Peace!
M

1. The Exos only comes with a cpu block. Your "custom" setup has northbridge and gpu blocks.

2. You're blowing huge chunks of change on stupid shit like dual 80mm radiators, UV color, accelerator nozzles, LED fans, "cooling fluid" (5% antifreeze works great) and two bay reservoirs. (you don't even need one bayres)

It's easy to put together a custom setup for $150 that would be way better than the Koolance.

You're currently running your 2.4C at 3.0 with your Koolance. Whoopdeydoo, you can do that with the retail heatsink.

1. The Exos only comes with a cpu block. Your "custom" setup has northbridge and gpu blocks.

accually an exos kit doesnt come with any blocks.

I've been looking into water cooling these past few days and this is what I have been eying:

Dangerden RBX
Swiftech FBK525 Fill and Bleed
Black Ice Extreme or something similar

and thats about as far as I have gotten.

Few questions.

1) What pump should I get, I'm just gonna be using the 1 Rad and the 1 CPU block.

2) How much tubing should I need? (Antec P160 case)

3) If I got a dual fan RAD I would have to cut blow holes for it wouldn't I? If not, how do you set it up.

4) Am I forgetting anything?

Thx. :D

Originally posted by SithSolo1
I've been looking into water cooling these past few days and this is what I have been eying:

Dangerden RBX
Swiftech FBK525 Fill and Bleed
Black Ice Extreme or something similar

and thats about as far as I have gotten.

Few questions.

1) What pump should I get, I'm just gonna be using the 1 Rad and the 1 CPU block.

2) How much tubing should I need? (Antec P160 case)

3) If I got a dual fan RAD I would have to cut blow holes for it wouldn't I? If not, how do you set it up.

4) Am I forgetting anything?

Thx. :D

Ditch the Swiftech fill and bleed thingy, its just a plastic piece of junk that has no use. A normal system will bleed as long as you leave the pump on for a day or so. Get a reservoir like a bayres or cylinder from dangerden. They are easy to fill and easier to use.

As for the pump, I would suggest that new 12v pump from dangerden. If thats out of your pricerange, go for a Hydor L30 or Eheim 1048 or 1250.

For the tubing, get 7 feet. That way if you screw up, you have leftovers.

The radiator does need cool air to work at its best. People generally do put 120mm fan holes in their case , or situate the radiator so intake fans blow cool air directly into the rad where it is sucked out the other side by your radiator fans. I don't know the layout of the Antec cases, but I'm sure you will have to cut a hole if you want to use a dual 120mm radiator to make it fit and get cool air into it. I dont think you even need the dual radiator, the single BlackIce Xtreme should be fine for what you are looking for.

Good luck
-OMP

Just for reference, 12v pumps are usually much noisier than the standard AC mag drives. Also, You really need only one large radiator for good performance. 2x80mm radiators is a waste of time and money, if you want to watercool properly you will need 120mm fans and up. I could build you a custom kit for less than $100 like I am doing for a friend of mine, or I can show you how. A few simple tools and you are set.

Since when are all 12V pumps louder than AC pumps?

The swiftech MCP600 is pretty quiet once its broke in. Maybe not Eheim 1048 level quiet, but at least Eheim 1250 level quiet.

I'm following this stuff, setting up my first water cooling setup. But I'm not quite sure how the radiator is going to fit. I've got a Lian Li pc60. I wanted to get the double heatercore w/ shroud from danger den. It says it's 11inches, does that include the barbs ?

I want to mount it on the top with an existing 120mm panaflo, and I'm just worried about the length and the depth taking up more than two drive bays. Thanks for any help. Also if anyone has any pics with this case in a watercooling setup, that'd be appreciated.

Ok, this is basically how my setup looks on the inside:

Pic

Cept add another optical drive, hard drive, and a floppy drive then make the cables a mess.

That's a 120mm in the back and right in front of the hard drives is another 120.

How's this look:

Black Ice Xtreme Radiator, Black, 1/2 Fittings
Danger Den - RBX w/ Nozzle kit
ClearFlex60 Tubing 1/2 7ft
Adjustable Plastic Hose Clamp, 11/16 - 13/16 Diameter Clamps x10
Typhoon Quad Reservoir
Eheim 1048 Pump

Total: $220 pre-shipping

Two more questions:

1) Is there anything I don't have but I need? (Shroud, Water additive, etc.)

2) Is there anything I have that I don't need or that's overkill?

Right now my lil Barton 2500+ is doing 2.39ghz @ 1.8v under full load at 44C. Slk900a and a Delta 92mm. :D

It may be a few months before I get this though. I have enough for a new video card or water cooling and my vid card is a lowly Radeon 8500. :(

9/10 tests where? [H]ardocp? :rolleyes:

Just curious as to why you're so mean to everyone... And why do you seem to have some sort of anti-[H]ardOCP mentality...

You strike me as a negative person, with bad people skills. :rolleyes: (sarcasm, if it's not obvious)

Be nicer, remember all these people share a common interest with you... you don't have to put everyone down.

Back