the BEST LCD screen, your dream screen

One that isn't made. 4ms, 24bit color, no change over vieing angles.... and really good blacks. Samsung's getting close, I'm waiting for their 8ms PVA's right now.

2 x 40" w/ fast response time, anything bigger my desks won't fit.

They should have 40" high res. LCD in 2 yr.

one that is and will not be made for long time, native resolution 1600x1200 450 brightness 700:1 contrast, 4nanosecond responce time /w 128bit color.... SPLOOGE drool orgasm :eek: :eek: :eek:

20+ inch, no ghosting, lag, SDE, dead pixels, or crappy viewing angles. Able to scale all resolutions with no interpolation or image quality loss. Black blacks, not muddy gray.

IdiotInCharge said:
One that isn't made. 4ms, 24bit color, no change over vieing angles.... and really good blacks. Samsung's getting close, I'm waiting for their 8ms PVA's right now.

8ms PVA? Interesting.

An LCD that allows me to see wherever and whenever I want, so I can view the past, present and future and use the knowledge for POWER!!!

(sorry been playing KOTOR 2 - Sith Lords for 6 straight hours)

Blakestr said:
An LCD that allows me to see wherever and whenever I want, so I can view the past, present and future and use the knowledge for POWER!!!

(sorry been playing KOTOR 2 - Sith Lords for 6 straight hours)

Have mercy on this poor, lost soul.... :D

HAHAHAHAHAA that would be leet :D hey they do have an lcd that does that, well ..... if you include playing a game durring your views of past presant and future; Empire Earth2 lol :D

I dont get it? I really haveing a difficult time understanding why people that are true gamers buy lcd's? I mean I was in the market for one and when I did my research the image quality wont come close to a crt monitor due to black issues, ghosting etc. I know I for one love image quality games. I currently have a 17 inch sony multi scan 200sx. I really want to get something in the 19inch or 22 inch. but all the flats I read the best one I came close to ewas a 6 millisecond 700/1 ratio and that was the samsun 930b. But formt he reading the crt stillblows it away.

Somehow I fail to understand why gamers even get flats? What is it because it looks good less space? doesnt make sense to me Iknwo if I want something I like to get the best thing that I enjoy using. Unless there is a flat out there that has no ghost issues and the color is more vivid thna a crt please show me becuase then I wil buy it.

I dont do much gamming anymore, so my dream LCD set up is dual Apple 30inchers

2004062930inch_cinema.jpg

Sweetnsexy said:
I dont get it? I really haveing a difficult time understanding why people that are true gamers buy lcd's? I mean I was in the market for one and when I did my research the image quality wont come close to a crt monitor due to black issues, ghosting etc. I know I for one love image quality games. I currently have a 17 inch sony multi scan 200sx. I really want to get something in the 19inch or 22 inch. but all the flats I read the best one I came close to ewas a 6 millisecond 700/1 ratio and that was the samsun 930b. But formt he reading the crt stillblows it away.

Somehow I fail to understand why gamers even get flats? What is it because it looks good less space? doesnt make sense to me Iknwo if I want something I like to get the best thing that I enjoy using. Unless there is a flat out there that has no ghost issues and the color is more vivid thna a crt please show me becuase then I wil buy it.

Well if no one buys them, then no one will put money into research to make them better

Sweetnsexy said:
I dont get it? I really haveing a difficult time understanding why people that are true gamers buy lcd's?

You'll first have to understand why someone would want dual 30" LCDs. 'Cause it's gaudy, it's kewl, you can tuck one each under an arm to a LAN party........dunno that's just my guess. :p

'cause it's a metric fuckload of desktop real estate. or at least that's why i'd want a pair of 30" ACD's.

Obviously a dream monitor should incorporate all the advantages of all the different kinds of monitors and display tech out there. So I'd like to have a large super thin monitor that has the response time and color depth of a CRT. It also needs to have the ability to change resolutions without image quality loss because I'll probly be running it at some insane desktop resolution that no video card could supply high enough fps for. :D Finally it would need to have a very thin bezel so that I can put another one right next to it. Oh and they'd have to be free as well, then I'd be set!

I do alot of forum modding, Art work/ graphics, web page design etc, all at the same time, I am always running out of desk space, 4-12 virtual desktops in Linux helps, but I sure would get more done with 60 INCHES on screen space.

I want them for function... not just to have them.

Don't you think you'd wind up losing things, though? I mean, I manage to do that across 2 17" screens, I can't imagine how bad it would be trying to hunt something down across such a massive desktop.

Pretty soon someone will have to introduce a "desktop search" utility. :p

Darth Bagel said:
Don't you think you'd wind up losing things, though? I mean, I manage to do that across 2 17" screens, I can't imagine how bad it would be trying to hunt something down across such a massive desktop.

NA, I am sure i could learn! :D

Sweetnsexy said:

I think that Gamers have desks, that they sometimes like to see. My 19 and 17 inch LCDs take up a fraction of the space my old 21" CRT did.

My 2405FPW is the best screen I've ever owned and best PC purchase I've ever made. If I could have any screen though I'd want a 360° wrap around display that encompasses an entire room. They exist but they're in a very juvenile phase right now, hippies in universities mostly... I have other ideas for really nice display devices but if I don't know if they've been patented or not yet so I'm going to keep quiet about them :)

DR_K13 said:
I do alot of forum modding, Art work/ graphics, web page design etc, all at the same time, I am always running out of desk space, 4-12 virtual desktops in Linux helps, but I sure would get more done with 60 INCHES on screen space.

I want them for function... not just to have them.

I had not thought of that.....sounds like a good reason allright :cool: .

My dream screen is a 28" LCD with 2560 x 1600 resolution, at least 16ms response time and supports full color with no off color view angles.

swoop56 said:
My dream screen is a 28" LCD with 2560 x 1600 resolution, at least 16ms response time and supports full color with no off color view angles.

that's kind of an odd number. why 28?

Syndicated_Death said:
that's kind of an odd number. why 28?

Because it will fit better on my desk. The 30" Apple Cinema is too tall to fit under a shelf above my desk. By I could really use the viewable resolution. Also, the smaller the display, the more tightly packed the pixels, so it's sharper. Ever seen a 19" and 17" 1280x1024 LCD side by side?

swoop56 said:
Because it will fit better on my desk. The 30" Apple Cinema is too tall to fit under a shelf above my desk. By I could really use the viewable resolution. Also, the smaller the display, the more tightly packed the pixels, so it's sharper. Ever seen a 19" and 17" 1280x1024 LCD side by side?

why not grab one of those IBM monitors then while not as big they seem to be right up your alley.. well depending on your budget

swoop56 said:
QFT
My beast E200 17" Sony runs all the way up to 1856x1392, it looks absolutely amazing. That's why I don't like the current LCDs

I'm still quite happy with the 2001FP I've been running on for over a year now. I suppose I could pick up a second at some point (it'd certainly be cheaper than the first one, I paid over $800 for this one with tax and shipping, and at the time that was incredibly cheap for a 2001FP) The 2405FP looks nice though, maybe when that comes down in price some I'll go with one of those.

How about a 17" or 19" that doesn't use retarded 1280x1024, which is 5:4 while the rest of the world is either 4:3 or 16:10.

Sweetnsexy said:

I had a Mitsu 930SB, and perhaps my 20/20 isn't discriminating enough, the ONLY drawback is blacks, and that just didn't make enough of a difference when it comes to IQ, I had a few quality LCDs, and the difference was just not nearly significant enough. I compared, switching back and forth with a game, and I could barely tell the difference.

Right now I have a 2001FP/1704FPT setup, I personally can't discern ghosting on either panel, and the IQ is excellent for gaming, while the sharpness for everyday applications, perfect geometry, and lack of eyestrain are all a significant improvement over even the high quality CRT that I had. In addition, the rotation and is WONDERFUL (nothing like going to portrait mode to read comics or play 3:4 MAME games) and the height adjustment is fantastic for aligning a dual-monitor desktop setup. In addition, having inputs for consoles makes life easier on me, since I can't DDR in my living room. :)

This is of course all disregarding the obvious size advantages. Now, for my TV, I have a widescreen WEGA CRT HDTV, because when it comes to watching movies, blacks DO matter a whole hell of a lot more, and the cost was a much more discerning factor (I'd pay like $200 more for a brand new 21" Diamondtron from the 'egg than I did for my 2001FP, and CRT HDTVs are the most reasonably priced and have the best IQ :) )

any lcd with no blurring

...... haha who am i kidding, that doesn't even exist :(

DR_K13 said:
I dont do much gamming anymore, so my dream LCD set up is dual Apple 30inchers

2004062930inch_cinema.jpg

i second that I do not game anymore so id go for dual Apple 30s I do a lot of multi media stuff so they would be great and I love the ability to have almost 3 web sites open on one single screen.

I'm hoping since Viewsonic's been re-releasing their vp models, that they'll do something about the 201b next, like keeping the IPS panel but bringing the time down to 8ms or 12ms, and contrast of at least 600:1, that's really all I'm hoping for now

Sweetnsexy said:

because if your willing to spend the money you can get a great flat panel that performs and looks better than a crt!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ive got a L2335 from HP and its outstanding for games... there are other LCD's that look just as good.... for example apple has a great 23 inch and 30 inch that look great! Anyways, mine has a great color range, low response time, nice 23 inch of screen!, and 1900x1200 res which by the way I can run in games like half life 2 and farcry!! They look 2 B E A utiful for words!

Back