the best case for $$

That blue power led is bright :) Go look at the centurion case thread in the case mod section. Tons of us here would agree and you can get some great ideas too. I already put a fan on the side panel and dremelled out the stamped fan covers. Also painted anything not mesh a flat black.

Why did you feel the need to make yet another thread about this case? Are there not enough for you already?
Granted it is a good case for the money, but we already know that!

Hey, I might get a slam for suggesting this, but this case from Geeks, at $18 + shipping, was fairly impressive when I used it for a recent build.

For just over $25 shipped, it offered a 120mm front fan (it comes attached by plastic clips to the front bezel, but I cut out the stamped grill on the metal front of the case, then attached it to that, inside the case, for better airflow), only 80mm in the back (but you could easily mod that larger), the side panel has one fan mount for blowing on the cpu, and a vented area for the video card. Front usb & sound (and modular plugs inside to plug into the motherboard, a definite plus in my book!), and simple yet stylish looks.

Granted, it's cheap steel, and with the side panels off it's somewhat flimsy, but once the sides are on, it's plenty solid, and as light as an aluminum case. I used this for a friend's build, who was on a fairly strict budget, and an Athlon 64-3200 with stock HSF idles at 30C (cooler than my old Barton 2800 does, with an aftermarket HSF!!). Definitely recommended! :D

to bad its ugly

Man, I'm usually the guy who will come back to someone that makes a statement like yours, and remind you that beauty is in the eye of the beholder......

But dang, you're right! That's not just ugly, it's FUGLY!! LOL :rolleyes:

The Ammo case would actually be pretty cool if it wasn't made so cheaply. I like the concept, but the execution is meh.

to bad its ugly

:eek:

dang!! rough room! :rolleyes:

it is the only case I could find that was fairly easy to carry. I will be hauling that beast around quite a bit. My boss is talking about putting me on midnights at work. that means I need something to get me through the night. so maybe I'll bring my new computer to play with :D

Back