• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

The best <45mm CPU Cooler?

Joined
Sep 12, 2015
Messages
32
I know this often gets mentioned in other threads, but I think it would be fun to have a conclusive discussion on the subject of best SFF CPU coolers from experts.

So to start things out I'm wondering if anyone has knowledge about the ID Cooling IS-VC45? http://www.idcooling.com/Product/detail/id/44/name/IS-VC45

There are a few reviews for it but nothing that directly compares it with the other popular low profile heatsinks.

From what I can tell it should at least outperform the NH-l9i. But after looking at the thermal tests Dondan did with the A4 I'm still inclined to think that the Thermolab/Cooltek LP53 with a slim fan is the best low profile 1151 cooler you can buy for SFF cases. I could be wrong?

I'm also curious if anyone has ever owned a Dynatron K129, or converted one of their vapor-chamber heatsinks to mount on a 1151?
 
That's a good point. It might be a worthwhile to replace the fan with a more reputable one.

Personally I'm just looking for the most effective thermal performance.
 
Back
Top