The Asus P4P800-SE Experience

If you own it, post here with processor, ram, max overclock, temps at load, PSU and cooling setup.

Based on information gathered from other user experiences and my own personal experimentation in the 3 months that I've owned it, this board is great in combination with a prescott processor. It doesn't seem to exhibit the exorbitant temperatures that some of the 875 based mobos do, and the voltage fluctuates very minimally.

I'm currently running my 2.8e at 3.5gHz (250fsb) with 2 sticks of apacer 256mb pc3200 ram running in dual channel mode and set at 5:4 ratio to the fsb. This is rock solid stable for all my gaming needs. Stock voltages and cooling. Housed in an Antec Sonata case with 1 exhaust fan. The highest temp recorded at load is 58C. (with everything stock, the highest load temp is 55C)

I'm going to purchase this beauty as it seems to be the best non water based cooling technology available:
http://www.thermaltake.com/coolers/comboCool/cl-p0024tower112/cl-p0024tower112.htm

Will post my temp changes when that arrives, in the meanwhile, post your experiences with this board.

I just bought one myself. Its been fantastic so far. Much <3

I have a 2.4C on there @ 3ghz, 250fsb (set @ 1.775v in bios, MBM reports average 1.83v). Also on stock cooling. Case is a stock Lian-Li PC65B with no air flow mods, other then good cabeling. Also have a 2 fanned PS that sucks air just above the cpu, so it could be helping as well. 2 sticks of Crucial PC3200 that will be changed out for better memory in the future so I can get some better timings and speed.

My temps have been very good. Been up for a day or so now, multitasking and playing Doom3. My average has been (cpu/mb) 33/37, high of 44/41, and low of 29/35.

Ezekial said:
I just bought one myself. Its been fantastic so far. Much <3

I have a 2.4C on there @ 3ghz, 250fsb (set @ 1.775v in bios, MBM reports average 1.83v). Also on stock cooling. Case is a stock Lian-Li PC65B with no air flow mods, other then good cabeling. Also have a 2 fanned PS that sucks air just above the cpu, so it could be helping as well. 2 sticks of Crucial PC3200 that will be changed out for better memory in the future so I can get some better timings and speed.

My temps have been very good. Been up for a day or so now, multitasking and playing Doom3. My average has been (cpu/mb) 33/37, high of 44/41, and low of 29/35.

I have lowered my core volt to 1.65, and I think it will go even lower since its stable thus far.

Ezekial said:
I have lowered my core volt to 1.65, and I think it will go even lower since its stable thus far.

Good idea, cause 1.775 seems way too high for a 2.4C @ 3.0. Mine did 3.0GHz @ 1.575 and is now at 3.24GHz @ 1.675.

Asus p4p800s mobo
Intel p4 2.8 OC'd 30%
1gig ram
Not sure what my temps at load are but right now the CPU is 44C/111F, and mobo is 36C/96F. The max i've seen my CPU get is 125F during a LAN party when the room temp. was 80F. :)

ASUS P4P800SE
Pentium 3.0E Prescott
1mb Corsair ValueSelect PC3200
ATi Radeon X800Pro

OC: Have had a stable OC on stock cooling at 3.8ghz with vcore voltage at 5 and DRAM set to 266. Haven't gone higher because the core voltage needs to go higher and I can't do that without watercooling or else i'm going to put tooo much stress on my chip.

Back