The Antec Lanboy Air

since its all mesh, you dont need exhaust fans. it wont take much positive pressure to blow most dust out.

Agreed the LBA prolly doesn't benefit much from exhaust fans, but intakes are a different situation.

A mesh-heavy case doesn't automatically = ambient temps and positive pressure in the LBA should be nearly impossible (and pointless) to achieve w/o surrounding the case with box fans on all sides. Depending on components/ambient temps, open air test benches often benefit from moving air across heat sinks more quickly than passive radiation. But the LBA isn't a fully open air case and is more akin to running a case with the side panels off. Back in the late 90s/early 2000s, during hot LA summers, I used to run some of my gaming boxes with the side off. Using a box fan or something similar was important because the high ambient temps were cooking my cpu/gpu minimum temps. I simply needed to increase the airflow over the heatsinks. Yet, during the winter when there were lower ambient temps, I could turn off all fans except the cpu/gpu cooler.

Depending on the location, cpu/gpu model, and coolers used in the Lanboy, a few intake fans to feed fresh air ought to be plenty, but maybe folks in Idaho could run fanless during winters to use their computers as a space heater. ;)
 
I really like it. However....is it possible to strip everything down so you can paint the frame a different color? I'm thinking like the brushed aluminum look.....

I had this question at some point yesterday as well. You can strip it down to the frame, but only so far. There are rivets at the bottom of the case holding it together.
 
Purchased the LanBoy Air. Got the Blue One since the Red is a "Display Only" here in Japan still.

Seeing is how I can arrange this however I want, where would the best place be to put the Corsair H70 Radiator?
 
what do you mean best place? any places it fits and gets fresh air are equally good. i would assume top blowholes if it has 120mm mounting holes there or else the rear panel fan would be most choice.
 
Can someone who owns this case confirm whether or not you can still use the carrying handles with a radiator or two fans installed at the top of the case? Pictures seem to indicate a no.
 
Can someone who owns this case confirm whether or not you can still use the carrying handles with a radiator or two fans installed at the top of the case? Pictures seem to indicate a no.

You can use the handles with radiator or two fans installed at the top of the case but the rear handle will be forced into the upright position.
 
Purchased the LanBoy Air. Got the Blue One since the Red is a "Display Only" here in Japan still.

Seeing is how I can arrange this however I want, where would the best place be to put the Corsair H70 Radiator?
Why did you get the case? And you can stick the H70 wherever it will fit. The rear fan mount is probably your best bet.
Can someone who owns this case confirm whether or not you can still use the carrying handles with a radiator or two fans installed at the top of the case? Pictures seem to indicate a no.
There's about 1.25" of clearance between the underside of the rear handle and the top of the mounds with the screw holes. If your fans or radiators are thin enough to fit within that gap then you can do it, but it won't be easy to grab onto the handle, and like Danny said, it'll be stuck in the upright position. Also, you'll probably have trouble if you try to fit the radiator inside the case, since the motherboard tray is right up against the top.
 
Purchased the LanBoy Air. Got the Blue One since the Red is a "Display Only" here in Japan still.

Seeing is how I can arrange this however I want, where would the best place be to put the Corsair H70 Radiator?

I believe they recommend you mount it in the back, near the cpu. You'll want to check with a "beard" for details though.
 
I believe they recommend you mount it in the back, near the cpu. You'll want to check with a "beard" for details though.

In this case, it honestly doesn't matter where you mount an H50 or H70. The case is effectively open air, so ambient temperatures should be close to the same inside and outside the case.
 
In this case, it honestly doesn't matter where you mount an H50 or H70. The case is effectively open air, so ambient temperatures should be close to the same inside and outside the case.

Well I was thinking of putting it in the front if the hoses will reach. Since all the fans in this case are suppose to blow inwards anyway.

I dont want to put it in the rear just because the rad sorta blocks all the voltage stuff around the CPU.
 
Well I was thinking of putting it in the front if the hoses will reach. Since all the fans in this case are suppose to blow inwards anyway.

I dont want to put it in the rear just because the rad sorta blocks all the voltage stuff around the CPU.
I don't think the radiator will fit in the front of the case, and even if it does, the fan mounts there are plastic and I wouldn't trust them with the weight of the H70.
 
Doesn't look too difficult. I don't see much of a reason to do that though unless you're a masochist or you want to repaint it for some reason.
 
Doesn't look too difficult. I don't see much of a reason to do that though unless you're a masochist or you want to repaint it for some reason.

Yes, total control and domination over the case.:cool:
Nah I was actually thinking of disassembling it for easier transportation in luggage.
 
Back
Top