The Altcoin Thread

I just bought a new 750ti, works fine except for cudaminer and 335 drivers.

LTC is hovering around 11.30, at this point a single 750ti will make you 50 cents a day and won't even cover the power cost.

That is simply not true for those of us who aren't getting reamed on the hourly kwh rate.

Out of curiousity, how much per kwh delivered are you paying?

That is simply not true for those of us who aren't getting reamed on the hourly kwh rate.

Out of curiousity, how much per kwh delivered are you paying?

Maths seemed a bit funny to me also. lol. I was just too lazy to reply.

My little 4x750ti rig is making about $3 a day over electric cost as we speak and has been for the last week. Electric rate is $.11. Stop mining bog scrypt.

national average is something around 10 cents per kwh... I'm paying 5.5 :D

I can easily understand those who turned their rigs off the past few weeks, if you are paying 15 to 20 cents per kwh... yeah it makes perfect sense unless you like to gamble a little bit. As of this very moment I make around 11 to 12 dollars after power cost per day, more than enough to justify keeping my rigs on and churning out the hash.

Texas heat coming will mean I have to shuffle a few things around but I'll continue to mine till it's absolutely unprofitable for an extended time.

I have lost my litecoin qt wallet with like 50 litecoins on it. I backed it up a ton of times too, cant even find the backup.

I am pretty freaking pissed, I actually coulda used some cash.

I'm one of the cowards who got out. ;)

My USB risers are for sale in the FS thread/forum.

Also thinking about selling my open air enclosure. Cost me about $110 in aluminum, plastic connectors, and shipping. I figure I can ask $60 for it. It was a pain to cut (by hand). :D

Goodbye little mining rig! I will miss you!

*plays "Amazing Grace" on bagpipes*

openair.JPG

sevenhung.jpg

Moved 3.6MH/s over the BlackCoin just to see what happens.

BlackCoin just raised 20 BTC in a nearly nothing time period (in the crypto world) to get CoinKite's services (huge for extending out to merchant support and use), and Mintpal also donated 5 BTC for the cause. It's kind of obvious now there are some big investors and support behind this coin as there was no premine or IPO for anything BC has done so far. Instead of pumping and dumping, there are people really trying to make this work for this long haul, including myself. :)

BlackCoin just raised 20 BTC in a nearly nothing time period (in the crypto world) to get CoinKite's services (huge for extending out to merchant support and use), and Mintpal also donated 5 BTC for the cause. It's kind of obvious now there are some big investors and support behind this coin as there was no premine or IPO for anything BC has done so far. Instead of pumping and dumping, there are people really trying to make this work for this long haul, including myself. :)

I couldn't do I cashed all my remaining BC in at 9850. I wanted to hold it but it was too tempting. I might buy back in again if it drops. I went to mining doge directly instead of the pool so I can time when the buys happen.

I'm using http://blackcoinpool.com/

BTW, I thought that this was pretty funny:

lol_zps0a73c7af.jpg

So from reading up on it, you can't mine Blackcoin. That place mines other coins and pays out on BC. I kinda wonder if it's more efficient to mine and buy yourself.

I was with multipool.us for a long time. I've now switched to mining coins directly again at Coinhuntr. I noticed with Multipool I was getting about 60% hashrate. Between constant outages and high rejects (4%), it ruined my output.

I had fail over pools set, but everything takes time to get up to speed and I noticed that MP would have periodic 30-90 second outages, so the miner would sit idle, switch over to backup, see that they came back online and switch back. So far, after a few days back with CH, my profit ratio has come up by about 40%.

How has your experience with blackcoinpool been? Are they over capacity? Stable?

They are on http://www.poolpicker.eu now, so you can take a look at their performance over there. They seem to be right in the middle of everyone else. I'm managing the failover pool so I haven't much to say on actually mining on it.

So from reading up on it, you can't mine Blackcoin. That place mines other coins and pays out on BC. I kinda wonder if it's more efficient to mine and buy yourself.

I was with multipool.us for a long time. I've now switched to mining coins directly again at Coinhuntr. I noticed with Multipool I was getting about 60% hashrate. Between constant outages and high rejects (4%), it ruined my output.

I had fail over pools set, but everything takes time to get up to speed and I noticed that MP would have periodic 30-90 second outages, so the miner would sit idle, switch over to backup, see that they came back online and switch back. So far, after a few days back with CH, my profit ratio has come up by about 40%.

How has your experience with blackcoinpool been? Are they over capacity? Stable?

I've had between 5 and 6.5Mhash pointed at it for 1/2 a day so far... payout seems on par with other pools, I got 0.01BTC's worth of BC after 1/3rd of a day. So that puts me right around .03-.04 BTC per 24 hour period with my rigs.

The pool is stable as a rock -- ive had no issues, the website is lacking any form of stats though. Not sure if im going to keep my miners pointed that way for more than a few days. I'm tempted to go back to LTC/VTC and just buy some BC on my own when I feel like it instead of acquiring it through the pool.

Supposedly BC pool's algorithm has been beating other multipools the last few days in terms of payout per MHash... who knows how long that will last though.

Will see how much I have coming in tomorrow morning after leaving 6.5Mhash pointed at it for a solid 24 hours. Not sure if BC will ever take off but can't hurt to sit on 1 or 2K BC

I'm offering two 10-packs of unregistered MSI 270 cards, undervolted to 1.1v for $1350 shipped per set of 10, net of fees conus. Breaking down all my rigs.

Last edited:
Wow... absolutely relentless dumping going on again today. I can't wait until the 15th is over with, this China bullshit is annoying.

...or for you crypto whores, I will take $1200 shipped for ten cards w/ original packaging (boxes, manuals, dvi adapter, driver disc, foam, antistatic bag, plastic port protectors, and even some shrinkwrap on the boxes) in BTC/LTC/BC. Have two packs available.

Last edited:
It broke the "10K psychological resistance" last night, and is now trading at 14,000 satoshi!!

It had broken that barrier a week or so ago as well... maybe a bit longer. It fell back down to 7500 or something.

Dammit, I want it to go down again.... I had plans to buy some more to prepare for this upswing. I already have some that I kept when I first mined it, but I had planned to buy more.

just started on blackcoinpool maybe 2 or 3 days ago.

I'm only sitting on about 700BC at the moment but it was rather amazing seeing my 0.03BTC worth now sitting at 0.1 BTC worth :)

I've been about to buy via the pool about 225BC per day, I'm sure my numbers earned tonight will fall like a rock since the value is shooting up and able to buy less. My goal -- sit on maybe 1 or 2K Blackcoins and see if some magic happens later down the line in terms of an explosion in value.

just started on blackcoinpool maybe 2 or 3 days ago.

I'm only sitting on about 700BC at the moment but it was rather amazing seeing my 0.03BTC worth now sitting at 0.1 BTC worth :)

I've been about to buy via the pool about 225BC per day, I'm sure my numbers earned tonight will fall like a rock since the value is shooting up and able to buy less. My goal -- sit on maybe 1 or 2K Blackcoins and see if some magic happens later down the line in terms of an explosion in value.

Who knows long term. If miners continue to hop on and "reinvest" in the positions by just mining, there's almost no ceiling on this coin. Miners will take profits but lack of PoW coin generation is proving to be a huge factor in maintaining upward momentum. As big as Dogecoin is, it's PoW coin generation rate has killed its price over the past few months.

...or for you crypto whores, I will take $1200 shipped for ten cards w/ original packaging (boxes, manuals, dvi adapter, driver disc, foam, antistatic bag, plastic port protectors, and even some shrinkwrap on the boxes) in BTC/LTC/BC. Have two packs available.

original

Holy crap! Blackcoin!

Currently at 30000 satoshis!

The bad part... well, it's one massive spike... I presume a huge dump is in order within a short while. I would be quite surprised if that didn't happen.

I'm BC poor -- but im surprised my whopping 700 BC are worth that much right now.

I'm stuck at work for the next 12 hours (yes on a sunday) so if I was going to sell I'd have to jump through whatever craptastic interface on cryptsy on my phone. Still averaging 0.06 BTC/day return via the blackcoin spike is pretty damn good :)

After some thought -- I think I'm going to hold my BC for the long haul. I don't expect it to blow up like LTC did, however I've always done this in the past, mine some and then soon as it experiences it's first spike I'ld sell off for a nice (little) profit, but then difficulty or price would always go up from there and it's just a losing battle to amass coinse easily.

0.2 BTC in my pocket now? or 2 BTC in my pocket later? hmm I'm willing to gamble and hold for 6 months :)

Last edited:
Holy crap! Blackcoin!

Currently at 30000 satoshis!

The bad part... well, it's one massive spike... I presume a huge dump is in order within a short while. I would be quite surprised if that didn't happen.
I should have bought more at 3k... :eek:

Back