The Altcoin Thread

Somebody said blackcoin is Proof Of Stake. What you're talking about is Proof of Work.

But this is what the site says:
so does that mean a year? I won't hold that long

oh I gotcha -- yeah I did some reading on the interest part. When you are holding BC in your wallet, after 8 hours or so it becomes "proven" and able to earn interest. From what I saw seeing the interest payout to your wallet was seemingly random at first. And this was discussed in a few of their forums. You don't have to hold for an entire year to receive interest. depending on how much you held though, I think it would pay out quicker.

I only held something like 1000BC, and it said interest payout was something between 30 and 40 days. I'm sure if I was holding 25,000BC it would be a lot more frequent.

oh I gotcha -- yeah I did some reading on the interest part. When you are holding BC in your wallet, after 8 hours or so it becomes "proven" and able to earn interest. From what I saw seeing the interest payout to your wallet was seemingly random at first. And this was discussed in a few of their forums. You don't have to hold for an entire year to receive interest. depending on how much you held though, I think it would pay out quicker.

I only held something like 1000BC, and it said interest payout was something between 30 and 40 days. I'm sure if I was holding 25,000BC it would be a lot more frequent.

I'm still holding a bunch of CASH (~900 now) the coin itself has basically died off and tanked in value in the time it has taken for interest to start showing up. blackcoin is certainly different so I'm going to of course follow it. In the wallet the "interest" shows as mined transactions. It's a cool concept but interest in the coin has to still be there after mining is done. The pool payouts going like they have been is very interesting and keeps a good amount of buying power in the coin.

Sell thursday, buy back friday, it's a nice cycle.

So I decided to check this using historical Bitcoin data, I only did a sample size of 10 weekends and to my surprise, it was true for 90% of the days.

The net result of selling on Thursday (Bitcoin average across all exchanges) and buying back on Friday (Bitcoin average across all exchanges) equaled 24% for that time period.

Interesting.

Anybody mining Vertcoin with R9 270/270Xs and have a good config they can share?

I stuck a bunch of my Gridseeds on the FS forum in case anybody is interested.

On another note, Clevermining has been pretty good today, I've been playing with Nicehash the past few days too and done pretty well.

So I decided to check this using historical Bitcoin data, I only did a sample size of 10 weekends and to my surprise, it was true for 90% of the days.

The net result of selling on Thursday (Bitcoin average across all exchanges) and buying back on Friday (Bitcoin average across all exchanges) equaled 24% for that time period.

Interesting.

so just sell today and buy back on Friday or is there a day that's better prior to Monday?

Day trading hint: get what you can, play it safe, once you see profit, get ready to pull the trigger to secure said profit.

If you aren't closing out of your position on a daily basis, you aren't day trading, you are swing trading in which case you should be riding the trend. You don't cut winners until they start having a technical breakdown from their uptrend (depends on your timeframe). Losers are always cut short.

Hey guys, sorry to derail the thread, but I I would like help with finding a pool. I heard about it here, but forget what it was called. You put your bitcoin address in as your username, and you mine Scrypt coins (the pool automatically chooses the most profitable one) and the pool pays out BTC. Any help is appreciated.

I wish it would take off, I have been holding so long :(

I share your pain. I bought back into LTC a couple months ago thinking that maybe it would hit $13 to $15 again and the ratio would go up appropriately. It's done nothing but go down since I bought. :confused:

BTC went over 600 while poor LTC is still at 11... poor LTC.

I stopped buying LTC and was trading to BTC. As soon as the devs of LTC became "OK" with ASICs and they got here, it lost any real value. There is nothing that differentiates it from BTC at this point.

The people against centralization and all of the GPU miners will move on. It's starting to show as both DRK and VTC have risen. Kinda like when LTC became the GPU alternative.

I stopped buying LTC and was trading to BTC. As soon as the devs of LTC became "OK" with ASICs and they got here, it lost any real value. There is nothing that differentiates it from BTC at this point.

The people against centralization and all of the GPU miners will move on. It's starting to show as both DRK and VTC have risen. Kinda like when LTC became the GPU alternative.

The one thing LTC has going for it that I love is the fast transaction time. Moving BTC around is just plain slow in comparison.

Saying that LTC lost "real value" due to ASIC's can't be true, if that was the case... BTC should by that statement have no value since the only thing keeping it's network up are the heavy hitters and big bankrolls behind them.

I'd love to see LTC spike back to 40 dollars, even for an instant. I'd cash out the 50 LTC I own and continue to mine VTC. Still remember the days of trying to milk every last BTC I could with dual 6950's when I could have bee mining LTC at something like 2000 coins per month. Hindsight eh?

BTC went over 600 while poor LTC is still at 11... poor LTC.

Not poor LTC, stupid LTC developers. Called this a month ago - there is only room for one ASIC coin and Bitcoin established itself a long time ago. Every other coin will spiral into oblivion if they don't fork to resist ASIC's.

Not poor LTC, stupid LTC developers. Called this a month ago - there is only room for one ASIC coin and Bitcoin established itself a long time ago. Every other coin will spiral into oblivion if they don't fork to resist ASIC's.

most people don't understand this at all. I'm hoping the entire scrypt ASIC market implodes so we can have just BTC Asics and GPU mining.

The one thing LTC has going for it that I love is the fast transaction time. Moving BTC around is just plain slow in comparison.

Saying that LTC lost "real value" due to ASIC's can't be true, if that was the case... BTC should by that statement have no value since the only thing keeping it's network up are the heavy hitters and big bankrolls behind them.

I'd love to see LTC spike back to 40 dollars, even for an instant. I'd cash out the 50 LTC I own and continue to mine VTC. Still remember the days of trying to milk every last BTC I could with dual 6950's when I could have bee mining LTC at something like 2000 coins per month. Hindsight eh?

LTCs value in the first place came from giving gpu miners something else to mine when they could no longer mine btc. Sure it has shorter transaction time but so do several dozen other crap coins.

Not hard forking is going to kill them.

I share your pain. I bought back into LTC a couple months ago thinking that maybe it would hit $13 to $15 again and the ratio would go up appropriately. It's done nothing but go down since I bought. :confused:

If one remembers the previous bitcoin bubble, while BTC was doing ATH after ATH the alts were losing ground considerably, LTC bottomed out well below 0.01 IIRC. Only after some considerably delay did the Alts start to fly, possibly in part because people who missed the BTC boat were piling into alts as the next best thing.

If BTC will make new ATHs it's quite likely LTC will follow with some delay. That said, aside from having a longer history than other alts, LTC is really looking rather old tech and it doesn't have many advantages over BTC.

Damn, BC is on fire. Glad I kept all of mine.

I think BlackCoin Pool is the biggest it has ever been now, so the pool is buying like 25 BTC of BC worth per day off the market. Not that it matters much with 3000 BTC volume. The big news is tomorrow CoinKite is adding BlackCoin, which means BlackCoin can be spent in the real world. There are not very many locations, but it is a very big first step forward to mass adoption of the coin. The CoinKite + BlackCoin partnership may go a long way for both sides.

I've stuck some machines on x13 for the night on Trademybit, i'll see if it's worth a crap compared to x11 for the moment.

Back